Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

100 grain four blade muzzy. The arrow didn't pass through and I hit him high and back, no blood trail but I finally found him.

Comment

Broadhead....

100 gr. 3 blade Satelite.... back in '79...
        Switched to Thunderheads a few years after that....
        Crazy to think I've been bow hunting for nearly 40 years... And wouldn't trade it for anything....

Wish I had been shooting 3D for that long.

Comment

100 grain Trophy Ridge meat Seeker

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a pic at home. I'll have to scan it.

Shot a little 5 point with a JVA Astro bow using aluminum 2317 arrows and Bear Super Razorheads.

Comment

In 1982 Callaway County Missouri 150 grain Zwicky on an Easton 2117 with my Bear Kodiak Magnum still have the bow and the horns from that little 5 point. I was sitting on a limb of an old oak in a fence row opening day of archery season. Back then a bow kill was the talk of the town.

Comment

Used a T3, grazed his neck and cut both jugulars!:-) I have never seen so much blood, was spraying like a hose.

Comment

A Thunderhead on a doe and I still use them today!

Comment

Zwickey black Diamond on a Port Oxford tapered cedar shaft shot from a 56lb Red Wing Hunter recurve.

Comment

First kill was a rabbit in 1959 with a Bear Razorhead on a cedar arrow from a solid fiberglass Shakespeare bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        I've got a pic at home. I'll have to scan it.

Shot a little 5 point with a JVA Astro bow using aluminum 2317 arrows and Bear Super Razorheads.

Daaaang I was hoping you would say flintrock head - self made..[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Bear super razor head

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Daaaang I was hoping you would say flintrock head - self made..[emoji13][emoji23]
                            Naw. Used those for small game in S. Dallas before I started deer huntin.

Comment

ThunderHead 125

Comment

Original Wasp Cam-Lock 3 blade. 125 gr? 6 point sometime around 1987-88.

Comment

Working...
                                X