Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st bow kill: Ram-100gr 3 blade muzzy
    1st wt deer: Buck-100gr g5 striker

Comment

Actually, now that I re-read the title, my first bow kill was not using a broadhead at all. 7yrs old, roaming the streets of Oak Cliff. Bear Little Bear for Christmas. Just take your pick of what "game" was taken.

Comment

First was with a 3 blade PSE Brute of 125 grains. I really did not like those broadheads very much. But, I had a few and little money to buy others so I used what I had.

Comment

125-grain G5 Montec on an old 9-point at dawn
          Shot an 11-point that night.
          One of the best days hunting i've ever had

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
            Hoyt Proforce Extreme (Tan Camo), XX75's 2314 and it was either a thunderhead 125 or Hoyt Maxi Chuck-It broadhead.

[ATTACH]874873[/ATTACH]

Awe man I remember those! I just had to have some but gave up on 'em pretty quick. Made my aluminum arrows fly almost sideways but they looked deadly and that was all that mattered.

Good call, Bone Thug. This really is a trip down memory lane.

Comment

First deer (doe) - whatever cheap brand I had found at Walmart. 3 blade 100gr. Think they were $5 a three pack. Aluminum arrows out of a Barnett compound bow.

First buck - rage chisel tip 100gr out of the reezen

Comment

2008, I had bought a 3 pack of the Allen broad heads, from Walmart, for like $9.99. I was goin on a pig hunt, a few weeks before the bow opener and needed a few more heads. Well the opener came and I had forgotten to bring my gear box with the good Muzzy broad heads in it. So, I screwed the Allens on and off I went. Shot the deer in my avatar with one, first bowkill at that. The deer made it made it 20 yards and fell over.

Comment

1 3/16" Muzzy three blade on a yearling at my grandparent's place on the last day of bow season 2004. Sitting bout 12' off the ground in the fork of a tree. Turned out to be a button buck and I kept the skull cap for the memory.

Comment

125 grain thunderhead

Comment

12/07/13 Rage 2-blade at 25 yards. Blood trail was insane in the snow. He only went 15 yards and I caught it all on my uncles trail camera. It was 3 seasons of failing and finally got one on the 4th! Learned alot about hunting.

It was also my first thread here on TBH!http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=axis
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bear or Rocky Mountain Razor

Comment

Rage, 100 gr. 2 blade. But we ALL know that Rages don't work.

Comment

85 grain thunderhead

Comment

doe at 35 yards in 09 with an Easton aluminum arrow and 125 grain thunderhead.

Comment

Muzzy 3 blade 100 gr

Comment

Working...
                                X