Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

satellite broadhead early 80s spike buck

Comment

What a great thread. It is bringing back a lot of memories from the past. Never being content I was always looking for the next best thing. I have shot most of the heads mentioned.
      My first bow kill was with either a bear razor or Zwickey on a raccoon that was running up a tree after I missed the easy shot when he was standing still.

The story about the 6 yr old shooting the raccoon with a flint tipped arrow with a mag lite taped to his arm is awesome.

Comment

Shot my first deer, a nice little ten point, in 1963 with a bear razohead, a wing recurve, instinctive with a 3 fingered glove, port orford cedar shafts with turkey feathers burned to shape with a hot wire. Those were the good old days. The only modern conveniences we had were cat whiskers and crimp on nocks.

Comment

Practice tip and shot armadillos. They always broke my wooden arrow running in their hole. LOL!!! This was in the mid 60's.

Comment

100 gr muzzys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rage 2' cut...

Comment

2009ish doe on public land with a muzzy 3 blade. Lost her as I had read recently if you made a marginal shot to try and get another arrow in the animal and that's just what I tried. I'm sure she died as I could hear her coughing as I tried trailing her until the blood ran out. Looking back it was a decent shot without an exit. if I would've waited for her to lie down and die I would've probably recovered her. After that same public land I think 2 years later a hog with a rage 40ke. So I count the hog as my first actual kill. Both were shot from the ground.

Comment

Muzzy 125gr. 3 blade.

Comment

Rage 2 blade

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
                      100 grain 3 blade muzzy
                      This is what I still use.

Comment

Rocky Mountain razor 125

Comment

100gr three blade Allen from Academy. I bought a kit bow from a friend and lobbed one into a Spike. I was all excited until a grub looking worm came out of his nose. LOL.

Comment

125gr Thunderheads back in ‘93. Shot a javi at 20yds just before dark at a ranch near Mccook Texas in the valley.

Comment

125 thunderhead
                              big ol flop eared doe. kilt her grave yard dead, watched her fall. shot her smack dab in the hind quarter!

Comment

100 grain NAP Spitfire on a hog. Ran 20 yards and piled up.

Comment

Working...
                                X