Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razor back 5 back in the day because that’s what Rambo used

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      My first animal was actually a Corsican ram from the famed YO Ranch around 1980ish ranch....spot and stalk....and some "see and run"..

Killed with a 50lb Indian bow, aluminum arrow, three fingers glove, armguard with velcro straps and a Bear Super Razorhead with the super duper "bleeder blades"..

[ATTACH]874810[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately this is the only pic I still have of the hunt. I'm second from the left trying to let my middle brother drag his catalina in. Hoping like heck that my parents have pics stashed somewhere.

[ATTACH]874811[/ATTACH]

This was my Dad the year before with the setup he gave to me for my hunt the next year. He never killed another animal with a bow. He preferred his guns.

[ATTACH]874812[/ATTACH]
      Same broad head for me! I was 14

On the front of some 2114 with a 6” overdraw! Lol

Flew.... horrible, but I got it done and learned since

Comment

Thunderhead 125

Bisch

Comment

125 grain, 4 Blade Savora on a 2117 Game Getter. Flew like crap. Got very little penetration, and the ferrel mushroomed a little, but she died.

Either with my Jennings Sidekick, or my Jennings Super T. Not sure which anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain. Deer had one fork horn. Shot him at 22 yards quartering to me and hit him perfectly in front of the shoulder and slid it into the heart. He let a out a crazy bawl and tore off through the brush. I was so exited I could not see the 5 gallon bucket blood trail starting at impact until after I calmed down.

Comment

Muzzy 3 blade

Comment

Bear Razorhead and a 2216

Comment

1st bow harvest, with Easton aluminum arrow 4” plastic vanes Muzzy 3 blade 125 gr, Bear bow
                  Palestine Tx public hunting unit 120 ,1990 forky buck only buck ever
                  With archery equipment

Comment

First big game kill (not counting squirrels, rabbits, quail) was a nice hog with a 225--grain (w/75-grain brass insert) two-blade, single bevel Tuffhead broadhead. Shot with 70# Jay Weathers recurve, hunting with TBHers DRT and Ronnie at Three Fingers Bowhunting.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Satellite Blue Streak

Comment

Thunderhead....back in the 80’s....Brings back lots of memories

Comment

100 gr. Thunderhead on a doe. Still remember it like it was yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve really enjoyed reading all of these post...Those older broadheads mentioned sure bring back a lot of memories.

Even from the first day I was introduced into archery till now, the broadhead has always been my favorite piece of the equipment.

Comment

Just seeing this thread somehow. Mine was a 100gr 3 blade muzzy from a Mathews FX on a West Texas whitetail spike.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

First bow kill was 1993 spike buck when I was station in APG Maryland with a 125 thunder head.

Comment

Working...
                                X