No announcement yet.

2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sitting in a sweat box right now in Throckmorton County.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
      Yes and it’s hot tonight
      One of our guys said it was a hot mother! He almost shot a mesquito that he thought was a turkey.

Comment

Definitely greening up in Southern Archer Co. , Lots of Skeeters to suck your blood!

Comment

Im in Foard co., haven't been out since the dove opener, which was great, but saw more deer, quail, and turkey than I ever have in 5 years out there. Hopefully they have rebounded from the drought of '11. It has gotten better every year. I have not shot a buck ever from there, I have passed on some good ones. If any of 3 bucks a saw last yr are back, they will be shooters, at least 4 yrs old. Saw several 2 and 3 yo that will be good in time. With all the rain, and lush conditions, it should be a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            One of our guys said it was a hot mother! He almost shot a mesquito that he thought was a turkey.

Haha, that’s funny. There were tons of skeeters tonight. Luckily the thermocell worked good.

Comment

Seeing quite a few deer in Hardeman county. Some nice bucks but not the one I’m looking for yet. 150” is my minimum this year. We shall see

Comment

[ATTACH]877194[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]877195[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]877197[/ATTACH]

We have a lot of potential for the next couple years and have the best food sources we've ever had. The herd seems to have finally recovered from that drought and we have a great number of bucks in different age classes. So far I haven't found any shooters on camera but we always have some new deer show up during the rut and toward the end of season. I hope our neighbors can hold off shooting some of these deer and let them grow. Sorry for the terrible pictures, the last buck is a young 10 that has some crazy potential.
                Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]877198[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]877199[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH][ATTACH]877201[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

We hunt just west of Archer City off of Dugan Rd. I was out last weekend and the mosquitos were as bad as they've ever been. Had to run to Wichita and buy two thermocells. Don't know how I've lived without them before now. Take note of what David said about the snakes, I didn't get this one killed but there was probably a 6' rattler fatter than a coke can in our barn on Sunday when I was parking the lease ride. I'd rather drive with a hot dang cougar in the car then stumble upon those rattle bugs.
                  There's the buck I took last year, game pics had me thinking he was older and bigger than he was. This year I'm really holding off on anything under 5.5-6.5 to see what some of these deer Han do.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Back at it this morning . Mosquitoes are still horrible. ��

Comment

Public land?

Is there any public land around Wichita Falls to hunt? I live in Amarillo but we still have a house in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
                        Is there any public land around Wichita Falls to hunt? I live in Amarillo but we still have a house in Wichita.
                        I've heard of some people hunting the Pease River around the Vernon area but don't know much about it. A group of guys from my hometown go every year and seem to always come back with something.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                          Back at it this morning . Mosquitoes are still horrible. ��
                          They are the worst they've ever been, good luck to you!

Comment

Great deer Kyle. There are two guys at our place they say the mosquitoes are unbelievable. They have been there since Thursday night and have killed 5 rattlesnakes so far. So be on the lookout. I will be making my first trip out next week.

Comment

Checking in from Vera in Knox Co.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by crowmagnum; 10-14-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Knox co

😄👍
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X