• Show
Clear All

Gun

Comment

ALWAYS, bow only for me and my family.

Comment

Whichever you want!��

Comment

For more balanced opinions you could also pose this question on texasriflehunter.com.

Comment

You realize you didn't ask this question on a forum call TexasGunHunter.com right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
              A bow buck is a bow buck. There are some I'd shoot with a bow that I wouldn't with a rifle, however, there are a cpl over the years I would've thrown rocks at, swerved to hit with a truck, etc just to get them on the ground.
              What He Said!!

Comment

The fact that you are confident you could go out there in one weekend and blast him with a gun tells me all I need to know......bow all the way. What fun is blasting one with a gun if doing so is a forgone conclusion?

Comment

If you want to go hunting take your bow. If you want to go kill something take your rifle.

Comment

Depends, if it was me, ( and since you're asking for opinions that's what I'm gonna give ya) I haven't gun hunted in over 30 years for a reason. I'd rather see a 150 class deer at 75 yards with a bow and have to watch him just walk by then shoot one at 200 yards with a gun. I'm not a horn hunter ( but believe me, I'd like to shoot a big one just as much as the next person) I fault no one for their weapon of choice. I just choose a bow.Choice is ALL yours. Whatever you choose, enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Txboy View Post
                      If you want to go hunting take your bow. If you want to go kill something take your rifle.
                      Pretty much what I was going to say. I like to have a good story behind the animals I mount, not just the biggest animal I can mount. I'd much rather have a buck that I hunted all season with some close calls then finally connected on late in the season than a deer(even if he is giant) that walked out opening morning at 150 yds and I dropped with a rifle, season over. That "pressure" you speak of is what keeps me going to the stand.

Comment

At 100 yards with a gun the hunt is over . But at a 100 yards with a bow the hunt has just begun! I like the excitement of trying to get him in close and taking him with a bow !!

Comment

Id go with the bow if you really want to take him with the bow, but once the shooting starts opening weekend may be your last chance before they get skittish.l

Comment

Go for the bow.

Comment

Working...
                            X