• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bang bang. I'd take a rifle.

Comment

"take both" crew here, why not?

Comment

Always hang an ar in the tree in Oklahoma during rifle season, just in case I see a big boy skirting my bow set.

Comment

A bow buck is a bow buck. There are some I'd shoot with a bow that I wouldn't with a rifle, however, there are a cpl over the years I would've thrown rocks at, swerved to hit with a truck, etc just to get them on the ground.

Comment

Dead is dead. They all look the same on the wall!!

And I've killed plenty with a bow so I know both sides haha. It's cool the first few. Now I'm just trying to kill the biggest animal I can.
            Last edited by trophy8; 09-26-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Bow all the way,

Comment

Many years ago, I used to bowhunt till rifle season opened, then I would rifle hunt. I did that a few years until I realized, I would never really be a "bowhunter " if I keep bringing the rifle along. At the point now, and have been for a while, if I see a big buck, out of bow range , I just enjoy the moment and don't think "what if" Its all about the hunt now, not the animal. You will have much more satisfaction , if you take it with the bow, you even eluded to that. So, leave the gun at the house. IMO

Comment

Bow. No other way IMO. You'll be happier with him on the walk knowing you stuck it out and stayed true to archery

Comment

Your either a bow hunter....or your not. Your decision though!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                      Your either a bow hunter....or your not. Your decision though!
                      Yep. No shame either way. But I don't pick up the rifle for deer anymore.

Comment

If you kill that buck with your rifle, you will never get to kill him with your bow

Comment

Some people are just trying to "kill the biggest animal they can" ^ and some are in it for more than that (experience, etc). It'd be hard for me to pick up a rifle again since I started bow hunting. Go with the bow. I've learned more from the deer that have outsmarted me when I had a bow in my hand than I would have if I'd shot them with a rifle from 200 yards away.

Comment

Whatever you think will make your season most enjoyable. I prefer to shoot my bucks with my bow but I'm not above killing them with the boom stick. If you're worried about other lease members I would take him with the gun and fill my other tags with my bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on how many buck tags are available and how many hunters on the lease. We were LAMPS last year and went with harvest option on does only, otherwise we would only have 4 buck tags for 12 hunters.

Comment

Bow...I take no pride in killing a nice buck with a rifle! Something my 10 year old grand daughter can do!

Comment

Working...
                                X