Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to hit 20 before 45! It's a Docmay combo hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck !

Comment

The view out the back of my room.

I forgot my banana hammock!

So far, so good! I'm off to search for a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Doc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The accommodations look harsh. ��

Comment

Man, it's fun to listen to the bow experts when you get camp. I think there are two other guys that are bowhunting. One has some experience and the other really doesn't. They are older. Now hearing the experienced one talking about the other guys 360 fps arrow, his muscle memory, shooting proficiency. It's actually quite entertaining.

Comment

Went on a beer run and took the Hungarian hunter with us. He is a police officer there and really enjoys drinking! He said "in Austria we don't drink the water when we hunt because the fish f@&$ in it!"

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                Man, it's fun to listen to the bow experts when you get camp. I think there are two other guys that are bowhunting. One has some experience and the other really doesn't. They are older. Now hearing the experienced one talking about the other guys 360 fps arrow, his muscle memory, shooting proficiency. It's actually quite entertaining.

That's funny stuff right there. Hoping your stuff shows up. What's the plan if it does not show ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                  That's funny stuff right there. Hoping your stuff shows up. What's the plan if it does not show ?

Plan is for gear to show!

Starting dinner!

Comment

Dinner is served! Bags in deer lake! Taxi on its way to pick up my bow! Guide meeting me at 0530 to chase caribou! It's coming together.

Comment

Good Luck, Doc!

Comment

Hunting doesn't have to be a brutal ball buster all the time! I think it's going to be cold and wet in the morning. Right now I'm full and warm.

Tomorrow we chase the target species!

Comment

I wasn't going to post this but I have to! It just sets the tone on people you meet as you travel the world hunting. This is what happened in the van on the way to the lodge. I think this week is going to be fun. The Austrian bought two cases of coors light at the store and he thinks that will last 2-3 days. He was already asking about liquor. He wears flannel and tweed and a funny little hat. Good times!!!!

Comment

glad the bags arrived. thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Man, youre my hero. You hunt worlwide and di it right! Good luck

Comment

Trying to hit 20 before 45! It's a Docmay combo hunt!

I like having a bag of tags! I am legal to hunt and have some intel. My bowcase should be here around 1130 pm. I have to get my bow assembled(gotta choose one!), put arrows together and pack some gear. My guide and I are going to the remote camp! Apparently that's where the biggest moose are and there have been some good caribou spotted. Will be good to get away from the main lodge as there are 14 hunters here. Although only 2 of us have caribou tags and Barb told me that they only get 11 caribou tags per year. I think she said all of new foundland is 600 or so tags per year. May be out of contact for a while!
                                Last edited by docmay; 09-24-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X