Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when the numbers just don't add up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here ya go

Attached Files

Comment

count me in for the numbers don't matter crowd. who really wants their name in a book anyway. don't you have to pay P&Y to get your name on the list? sounds. little silly. Ive got a trophy room full of nice oaks that proud of. none are true giants but I have a story for each. thats what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        He shot the buck, hopefully, because it got his heart racing.
        If he's "score shopping", I think he's hunting for the wrong reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckslayertx View Post
          It takes a big man... blah blah. I may have been wrong.
          He was 140 0/8 gross on his typical and then add in 13 7/8 NT points for a gross NT of 153 7/8".
          Also I see something on that score sheet that does not look correct. It shows a left G3 that is only 3" and it obviously longer than that in the pictures. I think he left the left G3 off the score sheet altogether. It also appears his right beam was broken at the end. Might have been a 5x5 typical frame also.
          From the pics I would have scored the buck as a 5x5 typical with 4 NT points. His right beam would have been shorter than his left. I can see him gross scoring in the low 160's. I would definitely have that buck re-scored.
          Last edited by texashunter56; 09-14-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Left G3 wasn't recorded. It looks like he measured the last point on the left side as a typical G4 but recorded it as a G3. He has 13 scoreable points listed but only 12 are accounted for on the sheet. I can see it being scored as a typical 5x5 if the right main beam was broken but if not then it will be scored as a typical 4x5 with 4 nontypical pts.
            Either way the current score he received is missing the Left G3 length.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
              He was 140 0/8 gross on his typical and then add in 13 7/8 NT points for a gross NT of 153 7/8".
              Also I see something on that score sheet that does not look correct. It shows a left G3 that is only 3" and it obviously longer than that in the pictures. I think he left the left G3 off the score sheet altogether. It also appears his right beam was broken at the end. Might have been a 5x5 typical frame also.
              From the pics I would have scored the buck as a 5x5 typical with 4 NT points. His right beam would have been shorter than his left. I can see him gross scoring in the low 160's. I would definitely have that buck re-scored.
              Good call this is right that's why I keep looking at this buck and saying man he is at least 156 to 160 !'

Comment

Really neat throat patch on that buck.

Comment

nothing wrong at all with a guy wanting to know what his deer scored

we have had several trophy bucks be scored incorrectly - scorers typically will miss adding a tine in, etc.

Comment

I really appreciate the close look all of you have given to this and value your opinions and feedback. That's why I love this site. The buck didn't have anything broken off. I think he scored the it as a 4x4 with the G4 on the left as the end of the main beam and then the drop point as a NT point. I think that could be put up for debate as the grain of the antler runs down to the tip of the drop which would mean he should have scored a G4 on the left. Since I wasn't there I can't say for sure his reasoning. Anyway great perspectives and I will update again when it's scored again. Or when any other great comment peaks my interest. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X