Tropical Storm Irma - now Hurricane Irma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    And who in the heck puts a nuclear power plant HERE?

Probably this guy's boss...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
      Thanks for the reply, unfortunately his wife and mother in law are h*** bent on staying and he obviously won't leave them so they have cancelled their tickets they are going to ride it out and head to the hospital as a last resort Saturday morning if it's still looking like a direct hit
      I'm in Bal Harbour & many are goin ride it out, buildings are different, my windows are rated for 175 mph winds. I might ride it out but @ Miami International AP but I have flight 2 separate flights for Fri. too

Comment

That plane that flew into Irma yesterday had gusts over 220mph......granted it's a Cat 5 at that point but they measure sustained winds and not the gusts.

Leave bro!

Comment

Still praying for a hard right turn and fall to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
            I'm in Bal Harbour & many are goin ride it out, buildings are different, my windows are rated for 175 mph winds. I might ride it out but @ Miami International AP but I have flight 2 separate flights for Fri. too
            If you live in bal harbor I doubt that you are in a mobile home, but bal harbor is just reclaimed swamp land, so the tidal surges are going to get brutal anyone riding this out is crazy and I would not really have any sympathy for them

Comment

Pretty good article showing video/pics of damage done so far.

"The four "most solid" buildings on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin have been destroyed as Hurricane Irma wreaks major damage in the region, the French government has said."

The four "most solid" buildings on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin have been destroyed as Hurricane Irma wreaks major damage in the region, the French government has said.

Comment

Hurricane Irma is on its way for Florida on Saturday September 9, 2017 and it will bring 50+ mm of Rain and the Winds will be Very Strong it will do a lot of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                  I would feel better if they were in a high rise..... they back up to La Gorce golf course off Alton Road......6 ft above see level and probably less than 1.2 miles from the beach

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHH43pb70-Q&sns=em

If I were housemates with this fella I think I'd hit the floor every time he started up on of these videos. Lots of energy!

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                      I would feel better if they were in a high rise..... they back up to La Gorce golf course off Alton Road......6 ft above see level and probably less than 1.2 miles from the beach

I don't think anything stops surge except elevation. If the pressure stays low and the winds stay high it will be a dam sight higher than 6 foot.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                        And who in the heck puts a nuclear power plant HERE?

TP survived Hurricane Andrew in 92. It was supposedly built to withstand Cat5's. Hoping we won't see a Florida version of Fukushima.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                          If I were housemates with this fella I think I'd hit the floor every time he started up on of these videos. Lots of energy!
                          It looks like he already drank his case of Pepsi and case of cokes petty high energy

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                            TP survived Hurricane Andrew in 92. It was supposedly built to withstand Cat5's. Hoping we won't see a Florida version of Fukushima.
                            If we do it will take care of that invasive python problem in the Everglades, cuz there won't be an Everglades!

Actually this sounds like a script from a SYFY channel movie. Storm of the century causes reactors to meltdown and causes mutant invasive reptiles roaming S fL

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              If we do it will take care of that invasive python problem in the Everglades, cuz there won't be an Everglades!

Actually this sounds like a script from a SYFY channel movie. Storm of the century causes reactors to meltdown and causes mutant invasive reptiles roaming S fL
                              I really didn't think I could laugh on this thread, but that is some funny stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                Are you sure this didn't already happen? There sure are a lot of freeloading mutant democrats running around down there....

Comment

Working...
                                X