Tropical Storm Irma - now Hurricane Irma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mill929 View Post
    Irma is that crazy ex girlfriend looking for Harvey. Someone tell her he is dead and its time to move on
    THIS!!!

Bad news all the way around right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
      Alright TBH weather guys, y'all are much smarter than me. My dad is working a project in Lake Mary, FL right now right outside of Orlando. Does he need to pack up and head to Texas? How quickly should he get out? Talked to him last night and he is trying to figure out what to do. He is a lifetime west texas so this is all new to him!
      I'm not a weather guru but if I was him I would be packing and leaving today.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright TBH weather guys, y'all are much smarter than me. My dad is working a project in Lake Mary, FL right now right outside of Orlando. Does he need to pack up and head to Texas? How quickly should he get out? Talked to him last night and he is trying to figure out what to do. He is a lifetime west texas so this is all new to him!
        If he can leave now, he probably should. As mentioned, all of S Florida should be evacuating immediately and that could make for congested travel everywhere soon. If it does turn N sooner and doesn't affect anything, he can be back there in a week working again, no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          and 2004

Charley
          Frances
          Ivan
          Jean

If this thing hits. Florida will be closed for a month, or longer.
          Yep. Another bad year was 1992. Cat 5 Andrew pounded south Florida, and then Louisianna, and then a few days later, Cat 4 Iniki hit Hawaii.

Bad years suck.

Comment

Thanks fellas. I'm going to send him this thread right now. He's works for a real A hole who said "wait until Thursday and we will reassess"... luckily he's only a year or so from retirement so he pretty much does what he wants. Hopefully I can talk him into getting the heck outta dodge today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas. I'm going to send him this thread right now. He's works for a real A hole who said "wait until Thursday and we will reassess"... luckily he's only a year or so from retirement so he pretty much does what he wants. Hopefully I can talk him into getting the heck outta dodge today!!

Cool boss endangering employee lives... Tell your dad to get out before there is no getting out is my suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                My brother is stationed in Key West. I hope this thing makes a U-turn and dissipates.

My cousin is stationed in islamorada

Comment

That's one scary looking storm! I pray that it dissipates and moves north far away from our mainland! Prayers for those in its immediate path, as well.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Oh, and thanks Johnny, ccbluewater and our TBH Weather Team for keeping us updated on the progress of these storms. My wife's first question when a weather event pops up is "what is Johnny saying about this one?"
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Its a 175mph storm at 929mbb pressure. its forecast to go 884mb??????

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                        Cool boss endangering employee lives... Tell your dad to get out before there is no getting out is my suggestion.

Yeah, pretty easy for him to say not to worry about it as he's sitting in the pool at home... 12 hours a day. Bastage.

Comment

There's a thread on a storm form for those wanting more info

Most of its Way over my head

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                            If he can leave now, he probably should. As mentioned, all of S Florida should be evacuating immediately and that could make for congested travel everywhere soon. If it does turn N sooner and doesn't affect anything, he can be back there in a week working again, no big deal.
                            This. If Irma pays a visit to Florida, he does not want to be there. Lets say in a few days that models have pretty much keyed in on South Florida (and Irma riding up the spine of Florida), the evacuation process will be a nightmare with people trying to get out of dodge. He does not want to get caught up in that. He needs to hit the road today and monitor the storm from afar.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Oh, and thanks Johnny, ccbluewater and our TBH Weather Team for keeping us updated on the progress of these storms. My wife's first question when a weather event pops up is "what is Johnny saying about this one?"
                            lol...well, I just try to give my 2 cents worth. I am glad we have other knowledgeable weather enthusiasts on TBH!

Comment

Lots and lots of family from Orlando to Palm Coast. Praying for them as well as the ones in Puerto Rico. I think my folks in PR are better prepared as all have big generators, rainwater catch systems, etc.

Comment

Move over Irma. Jose' is on the way.....

Comment

Working...
                                X