Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Chocolate vs black lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting thread. We have a yellow male that's 7 years old, we got him at 5 weeks, and he's by far the best dog we've ever owned. A buddy of mine has a black lab, we've taken them out together and my boy is on point while his is a total spaz.

Anyone know the difference, other than looks, between the American labs vs the Ukranian labs? My wife is a member of a group on facebook that posts labs for sale and occasionally overseas dogs show up. She sent me a pic of this guy a couple of weeks ago because we're talking about adding to the family. Any thoughts?

Anyone know how to post pics now that photobucket is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
      Do what I did and have both!

Mother and Son
      Very cool picture. Did you use an app for that or is that a painting or ???

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
        Very cool picture. Did you use an app for that or is that a painting or ???
        Google Snapseed

Comment

There is no doubt their are a lot of Good Black, Yellow and Choc dogs. Coming from a good pedigree your odds are better of it being a sure enough Go Getter. I'm not talking about just dogs that lay around on the couch make a good pet. Talking a dog with real drive, and Loves It! Their are dogs from all 3 colors that have this drive!

But....

Their is more Black ones that have it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
            Interesting thread. We have a yellow male that's 7 years old, we got him at 5 weeks, and he's by far the best dog we've ever owned. A buddy of mine has a black lab, we've taken them out together and my boy is on point while his is a total spaz.

Anyone know the difference, other than looks, between the American labs vs the Ukranian labs? My wife is a member of a group on facebook that posts labs for sale and occasionally overseas dogs show up. She sent me a pic of this guy a couple of weeks ago because we're talking about adding to the family. Any thoughts?

Anyone know how to post pics now that photobucket is dead?
            If your talking about British labs vs American labs its all in conformation. Brittish labs are short, stocky, block headed. The American is the lean, long legged version. The British conformation is closer to the historical form (often seen in show circles) where as the American has been bred mostly for desired traits that enhance the dog in the field. British labs don't necessarily come from overseas as there are many British lab breeders in the US.

Comment

Working...
            X