No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunted yesterday morning... climbed into my quad pod, spooked hogs from under my feeder... which is normally a good thing... might give the deer a chance to come in... I was primarily doe hunting, but there is a shooter 10 point that stops by this location fairly regular... Before I got all set up, with the wind swirling around, had a group of deer start blowing at me and take off... didn't see an animal on the morning hunt, readjusted a pop up blind after the morning hunt to be ready for the wind shift that was forecast... Climbed in it and wind direction was perfect, but saw exactly the same thing Saturday evening that I did in the morning... Been pretty much snake bit all season... Hoping for a doe next week sometime...

Comment

I will try and update this thread as I can tomorrow morning. Going to be just outside of Livingston on the west side. Hoping these cooler temps and No moon will have them moving

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, in for the hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaving Sam Houston headed that way. 45 minutes drive and I should be there

Comment

Just pulled in. Sure feels like a cool crisp morning with hardly any wind so far

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
              Just pulled in. Sure feels like a cool crisp morning with hardly any wind so far
              Good luck! Keep us posted. I seen a few small deer in that terrible wind Sat, and nothing yesterday morning.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Had a group of 5 does run through the back about 125 yards away and just had another 2 follow them up. Neighbor shot right at sunrise and there has been movement all morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                    Had a group of 5 does run through the back about 125 yards away and just had another 2 follow them up. Neighbor shot right at sunrise and there has been movement all morning.
                    Good movement, beautiful morning... about Parr for the course.. I'm sitting in the office looking out the window.

Good luck sir!

Comment

Well it was a successful morning. Had an ugly old spike come in and was able to drop him with the AR-15 and while I was down there inspecting him a decent old 6 pointer strolled by and I was able to neck shoot and drop him right there as well. In total I saw 14 deer and couldn’t of asked for a better morning. Both bucks were nose to the ground trailing the group of does.

Comment

Well congratulations sir! Let's see some pics... you know, for those of us stuck at work...

Comment

I'm sure most of you follow 903 outdoors on facebook if you have a facebook account, but man there are some quality bucks coming out of the 903 and 936 area codes this year. Cherokee County is producing some studs.

Comment

Awesome hunt! Pics now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                              I'm sure most of you follow 903 outdoors on facebook if you have a facebook account, but man there are some quality bucks coming out of the 903 and 936 area codes this year. Cherokee County is producing some studs.
                              Shhhh! Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                                Shhhh! Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                                There are no deer in the 903.

Comment

Working...
                                X