No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got lucky I'm going to be off tomorrow, Little man, me and the wife headed up this evening.

Comment

I made it home in time to slip into the pop up at the house, seen one 3.5 year old nine point slipping around so far. Weather and wind is getting right.

Comment

Taking the kids after some of the mature deer i been passing this weekend. Im looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Taking the kids after some of the mature deer i been passing this weekend. Im looking forward to it!
          Good luck, Steve!

I'll be in the popup blind with my son in the morning in Austin Co, overlooking the feeder 150 yards away, and viewing 35-40 acres of pasture around us with the creek bottom about 300 yards to the southwest. I've struck out so far this year, so I'm hoping that maybe it's because he's supposed to be the one to connect in the morning. I don't know if he's been seeing anything at his house across from the Glendale loop. I hope he's feeding regularly out there, but I can't control that. But for the last week and a half, I've had a couple of fairly decent bucks coming in early in the morning, so hopefully I'll be with him for his first buck kill Wish us luck, please

Comment

Really torn on a place to sit in the morning. Got 2 good spots for a north wind. One always has more deer activity. The other has more solid buck activity but the last two sits I blanked

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Really torn on a place to sit in the morning. Got 2 good spots for a north wind. One always has more deer activity. The other has more solid buck activity but the last two sits I blanked
              Whatever you do, they will do the opposite!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post

Ain't it past your bed time.... Good luck in the morning keep me updated we are pulling cards right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post

Hence the reason no cam on the buck trail. That way I really don't know

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                    Ain't it past your bed time.... Good luck in the morning keep me updated we are pulling cards right now.

Any particular reason you pull cars at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watched a mature 8 chasing hard this morning. South Cherokee County.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                        Any particular reason you pull cars at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Nope, we just rolled into the lease after dark and wanted to know, so me and another member decided to re bait our corn piles and pull cards.

Comment

Rolled into camp. 2 hrs sleep see what the morning chill brings

Comment

In the tree in Cass County this am. 38° slight NW wind....perfect for my set. Had a legal buck on camera at 8 am yesterday. Let's see what today brings us.

oh look...what is that?

Comment

31 where I'm at and I could for sure use some more clothes. It's cold up in this tree with this NW wind. Good luck to everyone

Comment

It is quiet and still here in Polk county. I mean , heat a mouse fart quiet.

Comment

Working...
                                X