2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
    Good luck this weekend everyone!!!! I will be in Anderson Co. tomorrow morning waiting on ol big'un to step out!!!!
    I will not be going this weekend, I have a young lady that wants to go youth weekend, so its 10 days before I can go again.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      I will not be going this weekend, I have a young lady that wants to go youth weekend, so its 10 days before I can go again.
      That hunt with that young lady will be great though! I am very fortunate that I am able to go this weekend because my wife is pregnant with our 2nd child right now and I was down fishing our FOM Regional Championship on lake Somerville all last week and then this morning she said I could go hunting this weekend if I wanted to. I am one lucky man!

Comment

Only 14 more days, 3 more games and I will have my weekends again. I am going to try to slip out next Saturday afternoon for the gun opener. Sooo ready

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
          Only 14 more days, 3 more games and I will have my weekends again. I am going to try to slip out next Saturday afternoon for the gun opener. Sooo ready
          No confidence in making it to the playoffs!

Comment

We will be making our first "real" hunt this afternoon, when the heat won't be boiling me out of a tree. This weather has got to bring something good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Couple does and a young buck this morning in Polk county. Still on stand and prob hunting through the evening. Hopefully the wind change gets them going.

Comment

Good luck guys. I was going to get in the stand this evening but ended up scoring some World Series tix for a great price.

Hoping to be in the stand tomorrow afternoon. Going to be some nice weather.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  No confidence in making it to the playoffs!
                  When you haven't won a district game yet it starts to look a little bleak.

Comment

Well good luck everyone this weekend!!

Was in Lafayette all week... WAY over-ate, but had fun doing it! Was going to be off today and hunt today and tomorrow, but a dear old hunting buddy of mine passed away while I was in Lafayette, so this evening will be a wake and tomorrow a funeral for me... gonna be a tough one and 'ol David would have enjoyed this weather... be a good morning to send him off...

If things work out just right, might get to pull cards this afternoon... Be nice to get a pic of the buck(s) that are working a real nice rub/scrape line I've been watching...

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      Good luck guys. I was going to get in the stand this evening but ended up scoring some World Series tix for a great price.

Who can blame you !? That's where I would be if we didn't have twins on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                        When you haven't won a district game yet it starts to look a little bleak.
                        I hear you...The way some of these districts are now all you have to do is win 1 game. 4 of 5 teams going to playoffs , give everyone a trophy!

Ok off my soapbox. Back to hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

Yep, I'm excited about Darvish tonight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
                            That hunt with that young lady will be great though! I am very fortunate that I am able to go this weekend because my wife is pregnant with our 2nd child right now and I was down fishing our FOM Regional Championship on lake Somerville all last week and then this morning she said I could go hunting this weekend if I wanted to. I am one lucky man!
                            Yes, my daughter killed a pig on youth weekend last year...that was pretty awesome

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              I hear you...The way some of these districts are now all you have to do is win 1 game. 4 of 5 teams going to playoffs , give everyone a trophy!

Ok off my soapbox. Back to hunting.
                              I agree completely, should go back to top 2 go to playoffs. Heck I'd be happy with 3 as well, 4 is to many. But it's all about the $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                                Per earlier posts...You pee in mock scrapes, not down your own leg the night before you hunt.
                                LOL i’m drinking Mountain Dew, working up a good pee for that scrape. It’s the only thing guaranteed to make a 271” what total box step out in daylight.

Comment

Working...
                                X