2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexan View Post
    Love your brush blind! That's a bloody lookin' spot right there!!! I'd be hand-corning the heck out of that treeline.

Thanks. I kinda like it too. I think something will die there also. Maybe just a doe but I’m good with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a picture of another stud that was killed in Polk county in the past few days. 180+

Comment

Originally posted by Profshng View Post
        Any leases available willing to pay 1500+ new to the site and trying to figure it out, if this is not the place start me in the right place.
        Thanks
        Some people will post to the Classifieds when spots become available. There is more demand than supply, so I would not expect much from making a post about looking. Read the rules about how many posts you need or whatever to get into the Classifieds forum. Then, check on here often. Also, do some searches and private message people who have been looking to fill spots in the past in the county/ies you are looking to get in on. I almost got on one that way, and eventually found my way on one from someone who finds members when spots free up. Be ready to go check the spot out with money in hand...as I said before there is more demand than supply.

Comment

Anyone have a lot of rabbits around? I have a few on my lease, but not really in my areas.

I do not miss the cows from my last lease, but I do miss the rabbit hunting. When no hogs or deer showed up, we could always bring meat home.

Comment

The woods are on fire here. even with this warm up the bucks are moving all day. Daylight mature bucks at all my sets yesterday and this morning. I have three deer thay I will shoot and the wind is wrong for those three. come on norther.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
              view for the evening. They’ve been using this tree line to graze in the early mornings and late evenings. It’s a new property. Im just learning their patterns as I go

What do you about your scent when sitting on the ground like that?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                What do you about your scent when sitting on the ground like that?

Well I’m sitting on the edge of a small finger of woods that comes out in a pasture. I’m looking north along the wood line. So I’m hunting the wind. Any wind from due north or from the east excluding southeast I will hunt this particular set. And it doesn’t hurt that the hand corn that is out on the ground smells like vanilla and I do too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                  Well I’m sitting on the edge of a small finger of woods that comes out in a pasture. I’m looking north along the wood line. So I’m hunting the wind. Any wind from due north or from the east excluding southeast I will hunt this particular set. And it doesn’t hurt that the hand corn that is out on the ground smells like vanilla and I do too.

Atta boy

Comment

Killed this doe last Saturday in Henderson county and was able to get 48 lbs of meat off of her. Pretty decent for east texas and now the pressure is off and can buck hunt the rest of the season. Gold tip hunter 400 shafts and Swhacker 100 grain put her down in 30 yds. The kids also had a good time blood trailing as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        The woods are on fire here. even with this warm up the bucks are moving all day. Daylight mature bucks at all my sets yesterday and this morning. I have three deer thay I will shoot and the wind is wrong for those three. come on norther.
                        Not here in Newton. I did have a conversation with one, but never laid eyes on him

Comment

Originally posted by Babolathunter View Post

Great job!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure would like to be hunting all next week!!! Unfortunately, I'll be at the LAGCOE in Lafayette all week... Of course, I'll be eatin' some good groceries so it ain't all bad... Another front spos'd to be rollin' in Sunday evening cooling things down good for early next week... that ought to do it for us here in Liberty County... hope to get back in time to hunt Friday-Saturday of next week...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Sure would like to be hunting all next week!!! Unfortunately, I'll be at the LAGCOE in Lafayette all week... Of course, I'll be eatin' some good groceries so it ain't all bad... Another front spos'd to be rollin' in Sunday evening cooling things down good for early next week... that ought to do it for us here in Liberty County... hope to get back in time to hunt Friday-Saturday of next week...

Hehe,,I'm starting 9 days of hunting in Sonora and Rusk co.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X