No announcement yet.

Naked and Afraid texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a knife for Kellie Nightlinger who was on episode #2 in Africa - she's the real deal! One of the worlds top ten survivalists - she was a LEO in I think Minnesota and then in Alaska - was beaten and dragged behind a truck while on duty - lives off the grid completely and teaches survival training to kids. Seems her partner brought a fancy factory knife and it broke the first day!! BTW she's lethal with a bow!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      It really was a joke of an episode. Most of us on TBH would have been able to do that with better results. The guy lost 30# in 21 days!!! I'd like to be on that show just for the weight loss
      Yeah, right. And you pickup Playboy for the insightful articles.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
        Yeah, right. And you pickup Playboy for the insightful articles.
        Well there is that. 21 days with the "right" partner wouldn't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
          I made a knife for Kellie Nightlinger who was on episode #2 in Africa - she's the real deal! One of the worlds top ten survivalists - she was a LEO in I think Minnesota and then in Alaska - was beaten and dragged behind a truck while on duty - lives off the grid completely and teaches survival training to kids. Seems her partner brought a fancy factory knife and it broke the first day!! BTW she's lethal with a bow!!
          Yeah that's fine and all but how is she around "Feral Armadillos"?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the sheep they called Big Horn were not aoudad. I believe they were Mouflon. Then I saw a Pere David deer I think. Undoubtedly this was filmed on a high fence ranch. Definitely saw axis. I don't get the fear of wild hogs. I know they will get you if you corner them up, but I have never heard of them hunting humans. I can't imagine walking around barefoot though. I used to go barefoot most of the summer, and my feet got pretty tough, but not enough to walk around for days in the hill country.

Comment

Thought this was another thread about the group of TBHer's that go down to the river once a year together .....

Comment

Wow. Sounds like they really oversold this episode. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                  I'm pretty sure the sheep they called Big Horn were not aoudad. I believe they were Mouflon. Then I saw a Pere David deer I think. Undoubtedly this was filmed on a high fence ranch. Definitely saw axis. I don't get the fear of wild hogs. I know they will get you if you corner them up, but I have never heard of them hunting humans. I can't imagine walking around barefoot though. I used to go barefoot most of the summer, and my feet got pretty tough, but not enough to walk around for days in the hill country.

Yes on the Père David's deer. I only saw the "big horned sheep" as I walked in the room and they were running away. Could have been mouflon idk. My first guess was Aoudad. Most likely a high fenced ranch they ran around nekked on

Comment

Still would love to see an episode in the big thicket of East Texas. These people didn't have to deal with mosquitoes, killer hogs, and feral armadillos at the same time. All while keeping an eye out for black panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Still would love to see an episode in the big thicket of East Texas. These people didn't have to deal with mosquitoes, killer hogs, and feral armadillos at the same time. All while keeping an eye out for black panthers.
                      YES!!! I grew up in Silsbee. You could drop in the WMA between the forks of the Neches and Angelina above B.A. Steinhagen in August. Blistering heat, high humidity, chiggers, mosquitos, poison ivy, snakes, alligators, stagnant water. That's a lot to have stacked against you. Very difficult terrain for someone who isn't experienced in those woods. You could have them paddle downstream to one of the remote campsite on the Neches for an exfil.

Comment

Working...
                      X