• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
    Aggies 51
    UCLA 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would love to see that but do not think it will happen. It could actually be that score, but with the teams switching. They get blown out in this game and Sumlin may not last the week!

Comment

2017 Pre-Season CFB Thread

I hope Rumlin Sumlin has his boys ready to play. We usually play good ball in Our openers. I think he is 5-0.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        LOL! 2000 NC. Try and keep up.
        And there have been 17 National Champions since then....none of which run the "hurry up, hand clapping, spread"

Texas fans used to despise the "Bubble Screen" that Greg Davis used to force 5 times a game, it didn't work then, doesn't work now.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, Texas needs to imitate schools that are actually winning, year in, year out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
          And there have been 17 National Champions since then....none of which run the "hurry up, hand clapping, spread"

Texas fans used to despise the "Bubble Screen" that Greg Davis used to force 5 times a game, it didn't work then, doesn't work now.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, Texas needs to imitate schools that are actually winning, year in, year out.
          Ok. You asked, I answered.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Ok. You asked, I answered.
            I know

Even then Bob wasn't running this form of the spread, they mixed in a lot of runs and played D like it was no one's business.

Comment

I know

Even then Bob wasn't running this form of the spread, they mixed in a lot of runs and played D like it was no one's business.
              They mixed in a little run. They couldn't run block. Averaged about 130 a game on the ground. Texas abandoned the run because I think they felt like they couldn't run.

Comment

Does anyone else think Texas' offense is just putrid? When has anyone ever won or competed for a National Championship running this hurry up, QB clapping, throwing side line to side line, score as quick as you can crap! Texas looks like a mediocre 6A football team. Why can't they line up and run the ball and throw it over the middle like every other good team in the country.

Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St, they line up and dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Texas tries to make the field longer and bigger than it is with this side line to side line garbage, then try and throw a Go route down the field on 3rd down. It's simply a garbage offensive scheme and it has been for years, no matter who the coach is.
                Hello ...

2006, 2008 Florida
                2010 Auburn
                2013 FSU
                2014 tOSU
                2016 Clemson - see below gif

All these teams ran a version of the hurry up offense with the QB in the pistol or shotgun. The goal is to keep defenses on the field and not allow them to make substitutions with fresh bodies. The OC will use motion, misdirection, or play action pass to take advantage of the match-ups. After getting embarrassed by tOSU in the 2014 CFB playoffs, Saban changed his offense because he knew the scope of CFB was changing. Didn't Johnny beat ALA with the spread offense no huddle ? Conversely, why do you think Les Miles was run out of town ? Because he failed to adapt to the changing times.

If NC's are the measuring stick, Michigan and Penn State haven't been relevant in a quarter century (20 yrs for UM, 31 yrs for PSU). Archaic "3 yds and a cloud of dust" offenses will not work today b/c it's so predictable. Defenses are to fast and physical ... i.e. LSU v. ALA and Miles' 1975 play calling. Urban Meyer was very smart and took his offensive play calling from FLA with Tebow, and implemented it with JT Barrett. FWIW, Oregon played in 2 NC's but came up short b/c they played against teams with suffocating defenses that punched them in the mouth. IMO, the hurry up, spread offense is here to stay as teams have to avoid stupid penalties, 3rd and long, and need to move the chains. If your defense is the real deal, you can stop the hurry up offense.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of the up tempo offense; however if executed properly, it gives the offense a clear advantage by running more plays and wearing out the defense.

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-03-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brock Middlebrook;12702716]Aggies 51
                  UCLA 14

Today must be backwards day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    I hope Rumlin Sumlin has his boys ready to play. We usually play good ball in Our openers. I think he is 5-0.

Very good point. Ags dont usually start losing till SEC west play.

Comment

^^^^Sad but true!

Comment

Hoping to see Aggies run the ball and stopping the run. Otherwise it will be a long season.

Comment

According to an article I read today UT is supposed to have 3 players that are expected to be first round draft picks. Is this accurate? An offensive lineman, the QB, and a linebacker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            According to an article I read today UT is supposed to have 3 players that are expected to be first round draft picks. Is this accurate? An offensive lineman, the QB, and a linebacker.
                            Connor Williams, Malik Jefferson and we don't have a quarterback so I don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Gig 'em!

Comment

Nice drive ags! Got me a good luck cheeseburger today...

Comment

Working...
                                X