This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
    Truth. It's hard for me to put much comfort into recruiting commits this early. Another ISU or Kansas loss and it is safe to say most of these "commits" fly the coop.

As a Texas fan, I'm optimistic this year will be better than the last three. How could it not be?

For Aggies, what is it about this year's team that gives you hope they will be better than last year?
    No one really thinks they are going to be better than last year. The team overall has more depth than it did last year, but is unproven as far as top end talent and young.

Most reasonable fans say 7-5 to 8-4. Same ole Same ole.

The problem last year was when the starting QB, Garrett, Safety and CB went down for multiple games there was no depth to plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Early signing period starts this year. Kids can sign on the dotted line come December 20th.
      Is this for current Seniors in HS or does it have anything to with Juniors?

Comment

Won't take long but I'd wager tOSU locks up the top spot when it's over.
        Okay, everybody except one

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
          Guys playing their senior year in football this fall.

Comment

incoming class of seniors.

The kid Bama told to look around just committed to Texas.

Comment

incoming class of seniors.

The kid Bama told to look around just committed to Texas.
              Which one? Epps?

I'm just hoping with pads going on BAMA does not have any injuries cropping up.

Comment

Which one? Epps?

I'm just hoping with pads going on BAMA does not have any injuries cropping up.
                Yes sir. The Texas injuries haven't been to bad so far, but the pads are popping!

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                  Miles hung on to Cameron too long, it almost cost him his job e year early. I guess that's having a noose on a coach. I think they're more alike than you care to admit. O inherited a jam up Dc. Wasn't he hired before O was announced as the HC? Now defense hasn't been the issue at LSU. It's finding a way to use the talent they have offensively. Then O hires an OC that is as "big10" a hire as you could find. Did u even watch Pittsburgh last year? Conservative at best.

I stand by my pick of 9-3/10-2. And that's because lsu will have superior talent , not better coaching.
                  With so many tough away games I would be surprised to see 10-2.
                  Supposedly Canada designs plays suitable for his talent level. I doubt he has had this type of talent. So, we will soon findout on the play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                    Truth. It's hard for me to put much comfort into recruiting commits this early. Another ISU or Kansas loss and it is safe to say most of these "commits" fly the coop.

As a Texas fan, I'm optimistic this year will be better than the last three. How could it not be?

For Aggies, what is it about this year's team that gives you hope they will be better than last year?
                    Its preseason, everyone can hope. Hopefully better more experienced o-line, running backs, and a qb that maybe can hit open receivers most of the time. All of these rely on o-line though. Maybe a somewhat better overall defense. Injuries avoid us? Saban quits?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                      Its preseason, everyone can hope. Hopefully better more experienced o-line, running backs, and a qb that maybe can hit open receivers most of the time. All of these rely on o-line though. Maybe a somewhat better overall defense. Injuries avoid us? Saban quits?
                      Two out of three ain't bad

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        No one really thinks they are going to be better than last year. The team overall has more depth than it did last year, but is unproven as far as top end talent and young.

Most reasonable fans say 7-5 to 8-4. Same ole Same ole.

The problem last year was when the starting QB, Garrett, Safety and CB went down for multiple games there was no depth to plug and play.
                        Texas should've won 8 last year. They lost 3 games by less than a handful of points because they were outcoached. Strong was a poor game manager, had horrible special teams and his team came out flat too often. 8-4 wasn't a stretch last year. 7-5 should've been where they finished. Strong couldn't get it done and it cost him his job. I'm so glad I don't have to see him on the sideline with that lost look on his face. That was concerning for fans

I think Texas has a floor of 8-4 this season. If things go right, maybe 9-3 regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                          Texas should've won 8 last year. They lost 3 games by less than a handful of points because they were outcoached. Strong was a poor game manager, had horrible special teams and his team came out flat too often. 8-4 wasn't a stretch last year. 7-5 should've been where they finished. Strong couldn't get it done and it cost him his job. I'm so glad I don't have to see him on the sideline with that lost look on his face. That was concerning for fans

I think Texas has a floor of 8-4 this season. If things go right, maybe 9-3 regular season.
                          So the floor is 8-4 and the ceiling is 9-3?

The season is upon us

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            With so many tough away games I would be surprised to see 10-2.
                            Supposedly Canada designs plays suitable for his talent level. I doubt he has had this type of talent. So, we will soon findout on the play calling.
                            He had talent at Pittsburg, but I agree its not what he'll inherit in BR.
                            His style of playcalling is conservative though. It is designed off having a strong running game, but PA and bootlegs. He needs to open things up, use tempo and be as multiple as can be. If he can do that, watch out. LSU has the talent offensively to be scary good. I just think that O should've went a different route on OC.

I concede Bama and Auburn. Florida can be a toss up, maybe Ark. The rest of those games won't be tough at all. SEC or not. Those other teams LSU can beat strictly on talent. They'll beat OM, miss St, aTm easily. I think they'll split Florida and Ark making them finish 9-3 most likely. If lucky, 10-2.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              So the floor is 8-4 and the ceiling is 9-3?

The season is upon us
                              If you like burnt orange Kool Aid, you could say 10-2

USC is too early in the season, OU, Ok st and Kansas St will be tough.

Comment

Tech is a wreck...but a sleepwr none the less...remember remember 2008 lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X