No announcement yet.

Kerr county and surrounding county hunt thread 17/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a place just south of Kerrville off 16. Family land. Haven’t been able to get over there since opening weekend of bow season. How’s the hunting been?

Comment

I've been hunting hard in Kerrville, Harper and mountain home the last week. Whitetail still hung up on acorns. Axis coming to corn. Hogs also seem to like the acorns. So action for me has been slow.

Comment

Who else will be hunting in the snow tomorrow morning. Had to call in sick for work tomorrow and make the 3 1/2 drive and sitting in the snow in Boerne on 10 right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A couple of us will be hitting the lease tonight and hunting tomorrow. We were down there a couple of weeks ago and the hunting was very hit and miss. One night would be a few nubbins and the next sit would have 10 or 12 deer come in. Hopefully it will be better this weekend. The season so far has been as hard as we have had since we started hunting down there 12 years ago.

-john

Comment

Cull down already this morning. In the snow. First deer I have seen all year come looking for corn. Watching does eat the corn I put out this morning not 20 yards from the cull on the ground. They are definitely hungry and moving this morning

Comment

Congrats

Comment

A friend built me this for take LDP pics in front of.

Comment

Need to make it out to White Hawk ranch one of these days.

Comment

Yes you do, have some clients out hunting right now.

Comment

I’m headed out West Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully things pick up. Hasn’t been very productive so far this year. Only a few does killed but maybe things will turn around.

Comment

Sat for hogs this afternoon til 9 tonight, close to the YO in Divine. Only one critter came in and wasn't sure it was a hog. We only have permission to hunt hogs. So I want to be sure and respect the landowners wishes.
                        Gonna sit on my land in the am.

Comment

I know a potential 190 class native buck died tonight. Can’t wait to hunt this cold weather in the am

Comment

My youngest son just shot his first deer. A nice 8 pointer from what my old man said. ( I am stuck at work 4 hours away ). The buck wasn't DRT but he did hunch over pretty good and it took him a little bit to get going. They are still sitting in the blind giving him time to expire. I don't know who time is moving slower for...... them or me.

I hunted Friday and saw deer all day. My old man and kids hunted yesterday and said it was quite a bit slower, but this morning the deer were moving again. Hopefully they keep coming to corn. Have a few tags left to fill.

Comment

Finally have the LDP! He went 70 yards and piled up. Hit him a hair forward on the shoulder but the bullet did what it was supposed to.

Comment

Congrats to your son and to you flyingstroke !

Comment

Working...
                                X