No announcement yet.

Kerr county and surrounding county hunt thread 17/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lease is in Kimble county about 3 miles from the Kerr county border. Was just there for 5 days. You see young deer and young exotics every day but anything older than 3.5 is rare. Did shoot a nice aoudad and a yearling doe while I was there. Going back next weekend to look for a rare one.

Comment

How’s the hunting been for the rest of you gents? Since rifle season opened our hunting has been a lot slower than normal. Was seeing a lot of good deer during bow season but I don’t think I’ve had a mature deer at the feeder in a month and I spent most of last month in the blind. We did have a ton of acorns like everyone else I would assume so that’s not helping either. Good luck out there and post some LDP’s.

Comment

The deer in town...

are still on the acorns. I saw a bunch this AM on them and they've been on them for several weeks now.

Comment

Yup whitetail still on acorns. Axis coming to corn. I get 15-20 axis a day but nothing worth shooting.
          Whitetail sightings have been rare. Dang acorn's.

Comment

Yep the acorns are thick this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to the ranch tomorrow off 336/3235 in between Kerrville and Rocksprings. The older bucks have to start moving sometime! Going to be nippy!

Comment

I hunt just east of Harper. Had my first deer of the season in the corn last Sat. All others have been young bucks passing through. We do have more black bucks than you can shake a stick at. Wish we had axis.

Comment

Oh how I love that area of the hill country. I'm a bit jealous. I've hunted Gillespie county all my life (45 years) (35 of those years on the same ranch)
                  Looking for a lease in that area now. The lease I was on didn't allow kids, so once I got married and had kiddos I didn't have a place to take them.
                  I'd appreciate any leads on a lease in that area, family friendly.TIA!

Comment

Crazy rain today. I am off Klein Branch road in Harper. I love this area. Saw 3 bucks the other day trotting cross my front yard. Never saw again. A spike ,fork and a splindly 8. The corn and protein are not being touched on my land. At my other spot in Kerrville for axis, the axis are coming in daily for corn and protein.
                    Hoping the afternoon hunt produces. If not hogs in mountain home tonight.
                    Good luck y'all.

Comment

Disappointed to here they re still not touching corn in Harper. I was hoping this weekend was going to be the one when they finally start comu by back to the feeders.

Comment

It's improving on the place we hunt slowly but surely. Glad we are mld

Comment

I hunt SW of center point and it's has been very slow.
                          I haven't hunted much because camera had been showing very little deer and deer that are on camera are coming in at night. It's been the slowest year that I can think of out there in a long time. I will be hunting this weekend just cuz but I'm not expecting much.
                          Hopefully this colder weather will get them moving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mud mud mud... everywhere. Got 100yds into property and making ruts and sinking. We backed out not wanting to get stuck. We could have walked, but if we shot something, how would we get it back to truck? Too far of a drag. So Axis in the morning.

Comment

I live just outside Comfort off of 1341. Usually just hunt from my porch.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                                I live just outside Comfort off of 1341. Usually just hunt from my porch.

Lucky!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X