Hunting Boots for Mulie hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
    Tip: be confident enough to hit softballs at 80 yards!
    Thats gonna be tuff with my longbow. My limbs on my compound de-laminated and those cost 300 to replace. But i might have to dust of my OLD pse from 99 and get it tuned LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
      No sir, this is my only trip unfortunately. I have hunted in my old leo zip up boots. Bates i believe. But I would never take those. This is my first ever trip for western hunting.
      Those would work in a pinch if you are comfortable in them. You will be doing a ton of spotting with bino's then planning stalks. Lots of that is sagebrush high desert. If you can swing some asolo's, vasque or Merrill's go for it. If not go with what you got. Lots of people do the 26 mile heavy ruck at the bataan memorial ruck in your current type of boots.

Comment

you have a month to wear them in. Please make sure to put plenty of miles on them before you go and take some moleskin. That is steep county and new boots will ruin your feet in a hurry!

As for your budget, the mendel boots sold by cabelas are a good value. Also, try on alot of the mid-level boots at REI. That is not thorn country, so a full leather boot is not necessary. Good luck on your hunt!

Comment

I dont mind my bates. But i have to replace the insoles. The factory insoles are paper thin.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
            you have a month to wear them in. Please make sure to put plenty of miles on them before you go and take some moleskin. That is steep county and new boots will ruin your feet in a hurry!

As for your budget, the mendel boots sold by cabelas are a good value. Also, try on alot of the mid-level boots at REI. That is not thorn country, so a full leather boot is not necessary. Good luck on your hunt!
            Thank you sir.

Comment

I dont mind my bates. But i have to replace the insoles. The factory insoles are paper thin.
              Insoles are a reasonable expense. Save the leftover for the hunt.
              To bad you can't get up for the rut.

Comment

If i could only get the wife on board for a second trip.

Comment

Whatever you get, make sure they have Gore-tex in them. Staying dry is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    Whatever you get, make sure they have Gore-tex in them. Staying dry is huge.
                    Yes sir, certainly will. I want to thank everyone for their advice. Keep it coming!

Comment

Northern NM and no more than $200 sir
                      Cabelas Meindl may be best in that range. If you could go $230ish Solomon Quest 4D is a very highly rated boot

Comment

Kenetreks sells their factory seconds on eBay, FYI. You might be able to afford them.

If not, get the lowas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                          Kenetreks sells their factory seconds on eBay, FYI. You might be able to afford them.

If not, get the lowas.
                          I will certainly look into that as well

Comment

Tagged for later, I will have to see the ones that I have. Super light weight, comfortable, good ankle support, and if I remember right they were about 135-155$

Comment

Great let me know

Comment

You can afford a 10 day hunting trip, and want to cheap out on boots? Am I understanding this correctly?

Pony up for good boots.

Buy boots from Europe, not China.

This has been covered in several recent threads.

Boots, are the one piece of equipment you should NEVER EVER cheap out on. Blisters, twisted ankles and ruined feet will make the hunt of a lifetime into a miserable experience.

Find a way to get a few more dollars in your budget. Skip lunch, give up on pleasure items, take the bus, whatever. Just buy good boots.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X