X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Okay you griddle gurus how do you keep this thing from rusting

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

If it’s really bad stuck on food you can put water on it while it’s pretty hot and the steam will help loosen some of that food.

Always oil at the end like cast iron though

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Okay you griddle gurus how do you keep this thing from rusting

Pat, see post #1443... Once it's seasoned well, a little oil during clean up while it's still hot will prevent the cooking surface from rusting...

Comment

Thanks yall

Comment

First meal on the new 22.

Bacon cheddar smash burgers

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
            First meal on the new 22.

Bacon cheddar smash burgers

Sierracharlie out....

Great pic, but how the hell do you eat that sucker? That' a knife n fork kind'a burger looks to me like!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Great pic, but how the hell do you eat that sucker? That' a knife n fork kind'a burger looks to me like!

Squish it down, a little forward lean or hunch and go for it. Mustard in the beard or you ain’t doing it right [emoji23]

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Looks great!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Looks great!

Thanks boss man

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Looks great!
                    Michael, what batter do you use for pancakes? That pic of them along with the cinnamon rolls looks awesome. Those cakes look like they have some fluffiness and body to them. Or is it all in your culinary skills?

Comment

I have that same grill and love it. Keep it at deer camp and bought the hard cover. Breaking it in I used most of a propane bottle and lots of vegetable oil to get the "blackstone" look. Coat it, cook it till smoke clears and coat it again. Coat the top and sides! I store it inside. After cooking scrape it clean and recoat until it no longer smokes. These things are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        Michael, what batter do you use for pancakes? That pic of them along with the cinnamon rolls looks awesome. Those cakes look like they have some fluffiness and body to them. Or is it all in your culinary skills?
                        All in the skills, brother! LOL!

Honestly, I LOVE pancakes and I've tried various box brands and homemade recipes over the years but, somewhat by accident, I picked up a bag of Krusteaz Light & Fluffy Buttermilk pancake mix, and it's fantastic! I've always avoided the "just add water" mixes, figuring oil and an egg were required for a good, fluffy pancake, but I'm amazed at how good these are. I typically mix the batter just a little thicker than the recipe on the side, and they turn out really good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	krusteaz-buttermilk-pancake-mix-irvine-ca-january-oz-box-krusteaz-buttermilk-pancake-mix-develop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	24700868

I buy the five pound family pack. My middle daughter found a 10 pound bag at Costco!
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

All in the skills, brother! LOL!

Honestly, I LOVE pancakes and I've tried various box brands and homemade recipes over the years but, somewhat by accident, I picked up a bag of Krusteaz Light & Fluffy Buttermilk pancake mix, and it's fantastic! I've always avoided the "just add water" mixes, figuring oil and an egg were required for a good, fluffy pancake, but I'm amazed at how good these are. I typically mix the batter just a little thicker than the recipe on the side, and they turn out really good!

[ATTACH]1112581[/ATTACH]

I buy the five pound family pack. My middle daughter found a 10 pound bag at Costco!
                          I didn't want to build up your ego too much, lol!
                          Awesome, thanks for being the guinea pig and doing all the trial and error for all of us. Those sound great! Nice going and thanks for the great info

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            Squish it down, a little forward lean or hunch and go for it. Mustard in the beard or you ain’t doing it right [emoji23]

Sierracharlie out....

That's likely to cause elbow drip too!! I LIKE IT!!

Comment

We use Krusteaz when making chicken fried steaks.. its a family recipe decades old.. at least from the 50's

Comment

Something else yall might like.
                                I pkg of pillsbury cinnamon rolls.
                                Cut each one into quarters or even 6ths.
                                Evenly distribute them in a cast iron skillet.
                                Add 1/2 a can of Apple, Blueberry, or other fruit pie filling.
                                Bake in a 400 oven until done.
                                Heat frosting for 15sec in microwave.. pour over the top..
                                Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X