No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m late to the game but I just put a 17” Adventure Ready on the Christmas list.

Going by this thread it looks like seasoning process is the same as a cast iron skillet so I should be good there

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        I’m late to the game but I just put a 17” Adventure Ready on the Christmas list.

Going by this thread it looks like seasoning process is the same as a cast iron skillet so I should be good there

Yessir Brent. You'll be very good.

My Blackstone is the stainless steel cabinet version. I have the aluminum cover for the griddle part. It's almost as old as this thread, and It has sat outdoors without any weather protection. It get rained on, very cold like last Feb., very hot like every summer and once I got that sucker seasoned, It has not corroded or anything.

This past Saturday, we were going to have burgers with the kids when they came over.. Everyone was tired of "Thanksgiving food"! Wife asked me if I was going to do the burgers on the griddle outside or on the indoor griddle... I went out, took off the cover to check it. I sort of thought It might be a bit corroded since it hasn't been lit since probably September!! That thing looked like it did when I covered it last time I got finished using it... I lit it, got it good and hot, gave it a shot of olive oil and wiped it down good. Did the burgers, cleaned it up and gave it a wipe down with oil again and put the cover back in place... Hard to get anymore trouble free than that!

Comment

Tag

Comment

Back up....

Several have the 36" for 263.99 after tax it's 287....(Home Depot, Walmart, Amazon).
            I order mine from Amazon cause I used reward points...Will be here Tuesday.

Comment

I’ve got a 24” Capital Griddle on my camper’s outdoor kitchen, and I’m running solo at the lease this weekend, so I’m testing it out.

Breakfast this morning

And “Oklahoma Onion Burger” for dinner (ThatDudeCanCook had a timely video on YT this week.) I added bacon, Mayo and pickles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Looking good. just can’t go wrong with bacon and burgers

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I’ve got a 24” Capital Griddle on my camper’s outdoor kitchen, and I’m running solo at the lease this weekend, so I’m testing it out.

Breakfast this morning

And “Oklahoma Onion Burger” for dinner (ThatDudeCanCook had a timely video on YT this week.) I added bacon, Mayo and pickles.

Michael, that looks awesome! Have you tried biscuits on it yet? Where do you get the wire baking rack?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    Where do you get the wire baking rack?

Just remove any old fan cover and call it a baking rack.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Just remove any old fan cover and call it a baking rack.

LOL!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

At the ranch we have a 4 burner ‘built in’. We take the griddle on and off and keep it inside.

At home we have the academy brand 4 burner on wheels! We love it. Venison smash burgers are a staple for us!

I’ve taken the one at home to work events to cook on. Pretty nice!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                          Michael, that looks awesome! Have you tried biscuits on it yet? Where do you get the wire baking rack?

I have not tried biscuits, but I imagine they’d work as well as the cinnamon rolls.

I ordered a Cuisinart Dome with wire rack from Amazon. I think it was $25.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post

At the ranch we have a 4 burner ‘built in’. We take the griddle on and off and keep it inside.

At home we have the academy brand 4 burner on wheels! We love it. Venison smash burgers are a staple for us!

I’ve taken the one at home to work events to cook on. Pretty nice!

My original 36” Blackstone has cooked fajitas and steaks at various rigs across STX, finished Birria Tacos at a couple of AADE Golf Tourneys in Houston, cooked hundreds of burgers at the local stock show three years in a row and cooked countless breakfasts and meals at our Fightin Texas Aggie Tailgates in College Station! I’ve definitely gotten Rusty’s money’s worth out of it!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Okay you griddle gurus how do you keep this thing from rusting

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Scrape it clean and oil it every time. Then put the cover over it.

I don’t know that you can keep it totally rust free.

Comment

Working...
                                X