Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    D-Bull. Post a pic of it on here
    I'll take a pic when i get back to house this wknd and post. you can also google shirley shagstone griddle and see pics of one being built on bbq-brethren.com

Comment

When I finish cooking and griddle is still very hot I scrape mine down with a 6” mud trowel
      Then squirt water on the griddle the griddle is still hot enough that the water creates steam
      And basically cleans the griddle. Use a wadded up paper towel with tongs to wipe clean then squirt some canola oil on and wipe down again with paper towel and tongs. Griddle is still hot
      And as it cools down oil forms a protective coating and ready for next use. Never any rusting and or seasoning coming off.

Comment

Whats the 2020 brand recommendation?

Comment

I love mine! It is rusting a little in my garage bc of the temperature change

Comment

great thread

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
              When I finish cooking and griddle is still very hot I scrape mine down with a 6” mud trowel
              Then squirt water on the griddle the griddle is still hot enough that the water creates steam
              And basically cleans the griddle. Use a wadded up paper towel with tongs to wipe clean then squirt some canola oil on and wipe down again with paper towel and tongs. Griddle is still hot
              And as it cools down oil forms a protective coating and ready for next use. Never any rusting and or seasoning coming off.

Yea, then look closely at your griddle after you've scrubbed it with paper towels... It will have little paper fuzz all over it. That holds dust/water and funks the taste for the next cooking if you don't clean it before you cook on it...

Comment

I'm bringing this up. I'd never used one before my dad's tailgate blackstone last weekend.

Really looking at the 36" 4 burner. Anybody have any other recommendations? Read about maybe needing a metal hood?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  I'm bringing this up. I'd never used one before my dad's tailgate blackstone last weekend.

Really looking at the 36" 4 burner. Anybody have any other recommendations? Read about maybe needing a metal hood?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                  If you are talking about a cover, I just added that to my blackstone. It sits on the deck in the weather and the plastic cover I had on it will hold water on the griddle if I don't "tent it" with a bottle or something underneath. The metal cover solved that problem. I wish I had bought it years ago.

Comment

Yessir. They are available in aluminum and stainless. I got aluminum because stainless was out of stock. I wish I'd waited on the stainless ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Yea, then look closely at your griddle after you've scrubbed it with paper towels... It will have little paper fuzz all over it. That holds dust/water and funks the taste for the next cooking if you don't clean it before you cook on it...
                      What do you suggest for wiping one down with, other than paper towel?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a stainless steel scrubbing pad. Once you have a good season on it, you can get away with those microfiber cloths used lightly. I have access to surgical laps. They are pretty much lintless. I use one soaked in olive oil or flax seed oil to wipe it down after I’ve cleaned it post-cook.

Comment

I’ve been wanting to get a griddle for some time.. low and behold looking on Facebook one day, someone was giving one away! I just so happened to be the first person to message them that they could pick it up right then! The only thing that doesn’t work on it is the electric light, guy said it never worked. Upon unscrewing the button, there isn’t a metal piece on the button side that completes the circuit on the battery.

So check it out in the rents back yard (it will be staying here until I build a house):

The pic from Facebook:

I got a tool kit from academy, scraped it cold and got a ton of rust off of it. Then I got it super hot and put canola oil on it. And scrapped it again. Repeated that process about three times. Then I cooked a whole pack of bacon on it. On Father’s Day I had 16 burgers on it and the cooked another pack of bacon on it.
                          After each time I cook on it I squirt water on it from bottle while it’s super hot and use a rag to wipe it all down, then use a paper towel and canola oil and wipe it down again.
                          It cooks but it doesn’t look pretty. What would be the easiest way to get it down to bare metal so I can re-season it?
                          Black stone put out a video using a grill stone? Have any of y’all used one before? Any special trick or tips to strip down and re-season?

I’m excited to get to cooking on it! Blackened some dang fine trout on it tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used a quick strip disc for my angle grinder.

Comment

I'm late to the party, but after watching my son cook on his, I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                                I’ve been wanting to get a griddle for some time.. low and behold looking on Facebook one day, someone was giving one away! I just so happened to be the first person to message them that they could pick it up right then! The only thing that doesn’t work on it is the electric light, guy said it never worked. Upon unscrewing the button, there isn’t a metal piece on the button side that completes the circuit on the battery.

So check it out in the rents back yard (it will be staying here until I build a house):

The pic from Facebook:

I got a tool kit from academy, scraped it cold and got a ton of rust off of it. Then I got it super hot and put canola oil on it. And scrapped it again. Repeated that process about three times. Then I cooked a whole pack of bacon on it. On Father’s Day I had 16 burgers on it and the cooked another pack of bacon on it.
                                After each time I cook on it I squirt water on it from bottle while it’s super hot and use a rag to wipe it all down, then use a paper towel and canola oil and wipe it down again.
                                It cooks but it doesn’t look pretty. What would be the easiest way to get it down to bare metal so I can re-season it?
                                Black stone put out a video using a grill stone? Have any of y’all used one before? Any special trick or tips to strip down and re-season?

I’m excited to get to cooking on it! Blackened some dang fine trout on it tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                SOS Pad for cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                                X