No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as fancy as a Blackstone but it was free given the fact that someone gave me the 3/16” plate to use. Handles are from the same plate material. Forged them with a twist on each side and welded them on.

Comment

Cooked up some Missouri doe fajitas tonight, talk about good!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2738.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	24527924Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2740.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	24527925Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2741.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	24527926

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never did get home early enough to fire up the griddle to stir fry the Wildebeest meat, so I just seasoned it, flour coated it and chicken fried in a skillet on the stove top... Man that stuff has some good flavor... Was a bit tough, but heck it was just a chunk of meat I whacked off the top of the hind quarter... I like it!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7381.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	24527929

Name:	IMG_7383.jpg
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24527930

Name:	IMG_7385.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	24527931

Comment

Man my dad has 2 nice griddles in his shop that haven't been used in over 10 years. Sure wish he would give me one, but I know better than to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Make him an offer to buy one... ??

Comment

I found that having a good cover and keeping it well oiled is key to keeping the rust off my Blackstone.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                Not as fancy as a Blackstone but it was free given the fact that someone gave me the 3/16” plate to use. Handles are from the same plate material. Forged them with a twist on each side and welded them on.

What about the drain-off on that? Any issues with oil, grease, etc running off and into your grill?

Comment

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  What about the drain-off on that? Any issues with oil, grease, etc running off and into your grill?

No issues so far. Last night I used it to do a big family pack of chicken thighs and did not have any issues. If anything, the only minor inconvenience is when I clean it after cooking. I dump ice on it while still hot and scrape it. The melted ice and greasy scrapings doesn’t have any place to go so I have to use a couple paper towels to gather it up.

I thought about drilling a hole for a drain then welding a bead around the rim to keep liquids from getting in the grille but it hasn’t been a problem yet.
                  Last edited by txpitdog; 02-01-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

This is how my griddle is installed. My ugly homemade cover and all.

Comment

Not a Blackstone like most of yall but I'm excited to use it!

Name:	IMG_0538.jpg
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	24529685

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24529686

Name:	IMG_0540.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	24529687

Comment

bow08. That one looks really nice. I like the high sides on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          bow08. That one looks really nice. I like the high sides on it.
                          Yea, me too... 'cept, I don't think I'd a posted that middle pic with the close up of the name...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Yea, me too... 'cept, I don't think I'd a posted that middle pic with the close up of the name...
                            Yep! That griddle is going to give up on him!

Just joking. I love my griddle. Between my Blackstone and my Yoder I can do anything I want and got rid of my other 3 grills.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

It will surrender as soon as it starts getting hot

Comment

Ha! Right. I've been looking for awhile when designing the kitchen and that the one settled on. Very solid unit and will be trying it out starting tonight....

Comment

Working...
                                X