No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unscrew the igniter and see if the battery is in there. Should be a AA or AAA

Comment

Figured out the ignitor was working... I could hear it, but it would not start the burner... Had the gas regulator turned up too high. Backed it off a bit and it worked fine...

Made some mods to the griddle top so I'd have a place to put my spatulas, tongs, etc. that I'm using when cooking... didn't like balancing them in the grease trough. They work like this, but I think I'm going to cut the stand off down a bit to make them stand up straighter. The aluminum top has enough clearance to allow for an outside "handle" on one side. I think this will be a very nice mod. I got the handles at Lowe's in the cabinet hardware area. They're stainless and only cost about 6-8 bucks a piece... You'll need a good drill and cutting oil to drill that griddle... that's some hard steel!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7261.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24523490

Name:	IMG_7262.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	24523491

Name:	IMG_7263.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	24523492

Name:	IMG_7264.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	24523493

Comment

Dang Charlie....my mouth is watering from Smellavision!! Well done Hero!

Looks like you got a nice place there too padna

Comment

Joel, thank you. Indeed I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure I'm not just dreaming! I'll tell you the whole story of how the Lord took us straight to this property at Bonanza this year! It is absolutely a God thang!

Jeff, in the early pics of this thread, you had that 12" surround table accessory on your griddle. Do you still have that on your and if not, why? I'm thinking about ordering that for mine. It seems like a good idea, but if it is not well made, maybe not...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Joel, thank you. Indeed I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure I'm not just dreaming! I'll tell you the whole story of how the Lord took us straight to this property at Bonanza this year! It is absolutely a God thang!

Jeff, in the early pics of this thread, you had that 12" surround table accessory on your griddle. Do you still have that on your and if not, why? I'm thinking about ordering that for mine. It seems like a good idea, but if it is not well made, maybe not...
            Can’t wait friend.

Comment

Yes baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for later

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I gotta get one of those for deer camp!

Comment

Never saw these go on sale...Santa was busy with other things. lol

Comment

Got a 36" for Christmas. This thing is awesome. This morning I cooked biscuits and gravy. I put my big cast iron skillet on top of the griddle and made gravy, the heat was perfect, slow simmered. And scrambled the breakfast on top of the griddle. Added together and came inside and pulled biscuits out of the oven!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

4 pounds of grilled shrimp seasoned up with Ragin' Blaze to go with the prime rib roasts I cooked in my 14" Dutch ovens... Dutch oven Dewberry cobbler for dessert... WE ate like kings!!

Name:	IMG_7267.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	24523603

Name:	IMG_7266.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	24523604

I pulled one of the rib roasts at 120 degrees and the other at 135. Let them both rest tented for almost an hour (waiting on late arriving guests ), and they both turned out real nice.

Name:	IMG_7270.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	24523605

Name:	IMG_7268.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24523606

Comment

That looks amazing!

Comment

That does look tasty.

Comment

Seasoning mine this evening and gonna cook some bacon cheeseburgers

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X