No announcement yet.

Scratch off tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked for TXDOT for a couple of summers when I was in school and one of the guys I worked with hit a few hundred bucks a couple of times. There is no telling how much he spent though because on payday our first stop was the bank then every single gas station we would pass throughout the day he would stop and buy more tickets until he ran out of money.

Comment

Myself and 3 or 4 friends used to put in $100/each and go buy rolls of scratch offs. We never scratched a ticket that paid more than $100. We would keep buying and scratching with our winnings until we were out of money or been at the store so long we were tired of scratching.
      We did this monthly for 5 or 6 months when we finally realized how bad the odds are stacked against us. We guesstimated that we probably scratched close to $50k worth of tickets.
      Now I did win $10k on the mega millions once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$12 about 10 yrs ago.Bought a $50 ticket last year @ the deer lease.Got my $50 back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Scratch off tickets

I know of a guy that has won the big lotto several times in different states....but someone caught on to it and now he has many questions to answer [emoji15]
          Last edited by RobinHood; 07-20-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I have a friend that won $100k. After taxes, he got $60k

Comment

Two weeks ago I won 500$ two times in a week. On a 5 dollar ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                I know of a guy that has won the big lotto several times in different states....but someone caught on to it and now he has many questions to answer [emoji15]
                Sounds like an interesting story I'd like to hear it if possible.

To the op, I don't play but a couple times a year. Think the most on a single ticket was $20

Comment

I won $500,000 once then i read the back to see how to collect. "Must be validated by Santa Claus and collected from the Tooth fairy."

Comment

Know someone who spent about $6 week on lotto tickets for about 20 years...then hit the Mega Millions for $177 million.

Comment

I have won $20 but do not buy scratch offs very often. My best win was $2176 on a Texas Lotto when I hit 5 of 6 numbers(missed the last number by one when I had 36 and it was 37 for $25,000,000). It was 3 days later till I even checked the numbers. I will buy lotto numbers for a while then quit for a long time. A guy in a local town very close to where I live just won a $1,000,000 scratch off this spring.

Comment

$200 on two tickets a few days apart. I don't recall the ticket.

Comment

I dont play lottery but its just the same as digging arrowheads i guess. Last year i spent about 50,000 bucks to dig 30,000 bucks worth of arrowheads. No telling what may be in the next bucket though..i cant wait to scratch it..

Comment

One of my best friends bought a $20 scratch off about 10 yrs ago. It was bought in San Antonio. It's was worth
                            1 million dollars. 640k after taxs.

Comment

Most I ever won was $50 a couple times on $2 tickets like Break the Bank or Weekly Grand. I've never done worth a flip on the $5, $10 and higher scratch-offs. Seems like I would buy a $10 ticket and not even win a $1.

I rarely play though. Every now and then I might get a quick itch to buy a ticket while standing in line at the corner store. I much prefer to play the regular Texas Lotto, but haven't played that much lately either.

I've worked with a few people that played scratch-offs all the time. Not sure how good the strategy is, but they would go the lottery website and look up all the newest games. Those were the only games they would play. Basically, each game has a set number of top, middle and lower prizes. The game is sold until a certain cut-off date, regardless if all prizes had been collected or not. Essentially, the newer the game, the more likely hood top prizes are still out there.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                I worked for TXDOT for a couple of summers when I was in school and one of the guys I worked with hit a few hundred bucks a couple of times. There is no telling how much he spent though because on payday our first stop was the bank then every single gas station we would pass throughout the day he would stop and buy more tickets until he ran out of money.
                                Early during the first year scratch offs became available in TX, a gas station in a town known for having a high minority population became known for selling what appeared to be a high amount of winning scratch offs. One person would stop by there to purchase a few scratch offs at least once a week and would win often. Sometimes $20 or more.

News spread from other winners and so it wasn't unheard of to see people there spending entire paychecks on rolls of scratch offs.
                                Last edited by BaconIsMyFriend; 07-20-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X