Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky's on the feeder legs! No more Coons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably uses your hanging target to climb right up.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      You telling me you cut a $3 slinky in half?

It looks like the coon can just climb over your little slinky

Come on man! Coons are very smart critters. You made it easier on them.

Who makes that feeder? That's an unusual leg design
      Okay, so I'm cheap and slinkys are in short supply right now. (In fact I actually talked to the manufacturer who told me they were moving facilities or something and the slinky machine had been down for almost two months)

Chalk it up to, I figured out for the rest of y'all "What Not To Do."

The feeder was made by Old Man Tree Stands but the legs folded up when I tried to move it when it was full of corn so I welded up the exoskeleton you see now.

Comment

Looks like you have made the ultimate coon jungle gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Okay, so I'm cheap and slinkys are in short supply right now. (In fact I actually talked to the manufacturer who told me they were moving facilities or something and the slinky machine had been down for almost two months)

Chalk it up to, I figured out for the rest of y'all "What Not To Do."

The feeder was made by Old Man Tree Stands but the legs folded up when I tried to move it when it was full of corn so I welded up the exoskeleton you see now.

Comment

I'll be dang that's a great idea.

Comment

Those are the tiny ones. The full size are $5 each online

Comment

I'm contemplating buying a bunch of slinkys to have available at my TTHA booth but like I mentioned in a previous post they are way behind filling backorders and the odds are I can't get them in time.

But if I can, is it a good idea?

I mostly am thinking of it as a gimmicky thing that will get folks to swing by my booth so I can sell them T-Mate® mounts.

Do y'all think it would be worth doing?

How should I price them? (my cost is only 50cents cheaper than Walmart retail)

I was thinking maybe $5 each with the heavy duty zip tie for the large slinky, and $10 for a 3 pack of the Boss Buck size with zip ties.

Comment

Those are the tiny ones. The full size are $5 each online
                  You da still been money ahead. ....your modified slinky's are trash!

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
                    Probably uses your hanging target to climb right up.

I am thinking this may be the culprit..

Comment

Still watching but I pulled a camera card this past weekend after 2 full weeks on my winch up feeder that 4 coons had been vandalizing every night. Not a single pic of a coon on the varmit cage since I put the eliminator plate in. They still come eat the corn off the ground occasionally and I really don't care about that. Now my full attention is on how to drive the pigs away.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        Still watching but I pulled a camera card this past weekend after 2 full weeks on my winch up feeder that 4 coons had been vandalizing every night. Not a single pic of a coon on the varmit cage since I put the eliminator plate in. They still come eat the corn off the ground occasionally and I really don't care about that. Now my full attention is on how to drive the pigs away.
                        The only way to drive the pigs away is to quit feeding them.

Comment

Art, the slinky's may be a good conversation piece. You know hunters are going to ask

Then you sell them your product.

Nice fix on your feeder legs! It looks better built than the original legs now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              Actually that feeder doesn't even need slinkys because the spinner is deep inside those plates. They are never up there for more than one camera pic at a time.

Comment

Actually that feeder doesn't even need slinkys because the spinner is deep inside those plates. They are never up there for more than one camera pic at a time.

I was wondering about that. It already looks coon proof. The slinky's are for those that don't want the corn hitting a cage and falling straight down.

Comment

Working...
                                X