No announcement yet.

Best snake proof boots for Texas heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a pair of these muck snake boots for summer/ early season scouting in the swamp. Only have had them for a couple trips, but like them so far. I bought them mainly for the waterproof factor, but they have a cooling material that seemed to work well these past couple scouting trips. Also pretty durable. I will say that based on my research, these boots are said to be tight on "big calves". I have not had a problem with them so far.

FYI you can find them much cheaper around the web. Cheapest I found was around $150, however I got mine for $120 on a clearance at a local hunting store.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
      Best, comfortable boots I ever had were Rocky until tread came apart
      Chaps are extremely hot, maybe just try gators
      I had a pair of Rockies that the sole fell off walking back from my stand. Boots were about 4 years old. They were very comfortable, but the last pair of Rockies I bought.

Comment

Chips, come on now, its August in Texas, everything is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          I had a pair of Rockies that the sole fell off walking back from my stand. Boots were about 4 years old. They were very comfortable, but the last pair of Rockies I bought.
          Yep, had three pair of Rocky Cornstalkers sole fall off in the 90's. Zero help from Rocky. Most comfortable boot ever but junk apparently and clearly a problem when I am hearing of sole problems 25+ years later. No more Rocky for me.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X