Best snake proof boots for Texas heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jbird8791 View Post
    Love my Irish setters. Hot as hades a month ago and they were so much better than my others.
    X dos. Irish setts.

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
      Anyone wear snake proof chaps?
      I wear chaps over my snake boots if I am going through a lot of really thick brush or if I am working in tight quarters. I have the kind that go all the way to my hips and snap on to my belt. They are hot but it beats the heck out of the alternative.

Comment

I tried chaps but were too hot

Comment

I use to wear chaps as a kid, my grandparents made us wear them when we had a ranch in La Pryor. They are very uncomfortable and much noisier then just boots alone (something to consider if you'll be hunting in them).
          With that being said, I love my chippewas. They are super comfortable, but my legs do sweat a bit in this heat. But I'd go so far as to say they are more comfortable then regular justin and ariat boots I wear daily.

Comment

Did the lace up boots for a bit, worked fine but bought some justin dunes from Justin Outlet, like wearing normal boots with a high top.

Comment

Wore chipps till my calves got too big to where I would have to send them off to get a custom zipper job done to them.

Now i just wear my regular hunting boots with the foreverlast snake gaiters. Not as hot as chaps and they fit me great

Comment

Might want to consider these as an alternative:

Comment

Every pair I bought where hot and I cannot walk in a cowboy boot type very far I have cabelas now and they are also taller than most .

never tested them had a close call once and jumped back ha ha snakes scare the crap out of me

Comment

If it'll stop a rattlesnake, it's going to be hot. I used to have some gaiters, and I hated them. Chippewas are the way to go...but I have chicken legs so mine probably ventilate better than most.

Comment

Best, comfortable boots I ever had were Rocky until tread came apart
                      Chaps are extremely hot, maybe just try gators

Comment

I have Chips, Danner, and Justins. Danner's are probably the most comfortable, Chips might be a little cooler and almost as comfortable, and Justins are OK, and 1/2 the price of the other two, but also the hottest.

Comment

Bass Pro zip side zip ups are very comfortable. I leave them unzipped to help with the heat. I wonder if that fabric is fang proof?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Don't be skeered to wear shorty shorts with your snake boots.
                            All day errrday in September-November around here.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                              All day errrday in September-November around here.
                              Yup! Basketball shorts under my ASAT 3D leafy suit

Comment

They're all gonna be hot to wear. Regular work boots will stop a snakes fangs. They just ain't got the high tops like the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X