X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel75
    replied
    Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
    So if bending is the issue and a heavier arrow is wanted, is there not another quality arrow that one could get which is heavier?

Any arrow that has the same GPI will weigh the same and if it's carbon, it won't bend. I just prefer aluminum. Easier to pull from foam too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Buck Slayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
    They bend but they fly like darts and make your bow really quiet. It's not like they bend easily in my experience but YMMV. Blew right through the buck I shot last year and ended up 20+ yards beyond him. I spined another doe before that and it went about 18" past the spine . The other ones I've spined have stopped at the spine with most of the arrow showing. I say that to say they penetrate like crazy but the tradeofd is they are likely to bend in some situations.
    So if bending is the issue and a heavier arrow is wanted, is there not another quality arrow that one could get which is heavier?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel75
    replied
    They bend but they fly like darts and make your bow really quiet. It's not like they bend easily in my experience but YMMV. Blew right through the buck I shot last year and ended up 20+ yards beyond him. I spined another doe before that and it went about 18" past the spine . The other ones I've spined have stopped at the spine with most of the arrow showing. I say that to say they penetrate like crazy but the tradeofd is they are likely to bend in some situations.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Well, good info so far.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremy7306
    replied
    Originally posted by 220swift View Post
    I used to be a big FMJ fan. I still really am, but they bend very easily and then you lose accuracy. They may look straight, but they can bend very slightly and you are done.

This. You won't think their bent but they can be! I shot FMJs for years. Good arrows but I'm glad I switched. Went to gold tips.

Leave a comment:

• 220swift
    replied
    I used to be a big FMJ fan. I still really am, but they bend very easily and then you lose accuracy. They may look straight, but they can bend very slightly and you are done.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    started a topic Easton axis vs Easton full metal jacket

Easton axis vs Easton full metal jacket

So, I'm shooting easton axis. Thinking of making the switch. I like the idea of a little heavier arrow however I've thought about increasing the foc of the axis and sticking with them. Not sure what to do.... I like shooting out to 80 yards on targets so I'd like to make sure what ever I do I have an extremely accurate arrow.

Side note, debating on getting the tools to cut and build my own arrows. The thought is that I may be able to be more precise and get a more accurate arrow and a batch of arrows that are more consistent in the batch.

Working...
X