Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Here Not Hunting Over Feeders on Their Lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I often hunt within 100 yards of a feeder on a road (preferred) and corn from the truck. Set up a tent blind and let all the animals wander between feeder and hand feed.
    Had better luck getting bucks to play on hand feed.

Down wind!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
      Please! One time up in Wisconsin I watched a doe and fawn eat for 2 hours hours in the woods and covered a distance of 35 yards, about 200 yards from my bow stand.

Maybe East Texas is harder but I promise you neither one is easy.
      You can't see 200yrds in ETx unless you're on a clearer cut or pipe line..
      Shoot, when I get a chance to hunt on a place where you can see more than a couple little openings I get a sore neck from trying to watch all of it at once lol.[emoji1]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone Here Not Hunting Over Feeders on Their Lease?

I had to use binos to see the deer. Also it was probably more like a 100 yards. Might as well been on the moon though.
        Last edited by Kdog; 06-23-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
          I had to use binos to see the deer. Also it was probably more like a 100 yards. Might as well been on the moon though.
          Very year I say I'm gonna get a spot where I can see 100 yes or more and every year I end up in the thick stuff cause I know I would rather us my bow instead of a rifle. That and the thick stuff is where the best sign is [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up hunting 9,000 acres without a feeder on it in Shackleford Cnty. We hunted trails leading to/from Wheat fields. We would scout the field the first evening and then hunt the trails that had the most traffic using them (fields would have 100+ deer in them every morning and evening). Now that I don't have the time to scout and hunt for continuous days I do make hunting a feeder an option but do not enjoy it NEAR as much as hunting out of a tree along a trail with some hand corn

Comment

Working...
            X