Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Here Not Hunting Over Feeders on Their Lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not judging others, but I just feel like a d-bag when I hunt over a feeder..

I setup cams on all the trail intersections that get pounded and try to pattern the big boys the best I can..

Comment

Wow! I am surprised at the responses of this thread and how many do not rely on feeders. I mean there are the no feeder guys and there are the guys who lose sleep over coons getting a few golden nuggets. Very fascinating. I am with the east tx hunters on here...for whatever reason bucks are leary about feeders in our parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
        Wow! I am surprised at the responses of this thread and how many do not rely on feeders. I mean there are the no feeder guys and there are the guys who lose sleep over coons getting a few golden nuggets. Very fascinating. I am with the east tx hunters on here...for whatever reason bucks are leary about feeders in our parts.
        Got a pick of this guy 60 70 yards from a feeder that had been in the same spot for three yrs and never got one pic of him .

Put out 40lbs of corn at the crossing of two trails .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

168, 173 and 163 all at feeders and all low fence free range. To each his own. Enjoy how you want to hunt. Where you want to hunt. On our lease we share all blinds and feeders. Take the size trophy you want to take. Do it legally. Those are our beliefs.
          Attached Files

Comment

But does the theory of having a few to "hold does" on a place make any sense? (East tx). Personally I would not mind getting rid of all feeders on my place, but that seems extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
              But does the theory of having a few to "hold does" on a place make any sense? (East tx). Personally I would not mind getting rid of all feeders on my place, but that seems extreme.
              Probably depends on how the place is set up. I'm going to hold does regardless and my set-ups make it where bucks have room to look for them (where I can still see them) without feeling uncomfortable around stands/feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Op, do you bow hunt?
                He does...with a longbow...successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Op, do you bow hunt?
                  Yes I do. Going to be exclusively bowhunting for the near future here in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                    Probably depends on how the place is set up. I'm going to hold does regardless and my set-ups make it where bucks have room to look for them (where I can still see them) without feeling uncomfortable around stands/feeders.
                    That's pretty much how my main stand is on our place... I watch a small (7 acres or so) open hay field. There is a feeder in corner. It draws some does, but bucks are typically far from feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                      Don't know you but seems like you're a good sportsman. If you're looking for a good no-bait public hunt come this fall shoot me a PM and you can roll with us and I'll show you where we go. You'll probably out-hunt us lol. You're not too far being in Austin.

Comment

I hunt over feeders and absolutely love it! When I am hunting in Tennessee, I sit on the edge of a huge corn field.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Don't know you but seems like you're a good sportsman. If you're looking for a good no-bait public hunt come this fall shoot me a PM and you can roll with us and I'll show you where we go. You'll probably out-hunt us lol. You're not too far being in Austin.
                          Hey, that's a very generous offer! Thank you! I'll PM you when I get home from work today. At the very least I'd like to pick your brain a bit about hunting down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                            Great to hear. Can't wait to follow along on some of your hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                              Yes but you still know where the major food source is and even more so once the snow hits the ground.
                              In W
                              E TX the food source is everywhere almost all of the season.
                              It just seems awhole lot easier to pattern them up north.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Please! One time up in Wisconsin I watched a doe and fawn eat for 2 hours hours in the woods and covered a distance of 35 yards, about 200 yards from my bow stand.

Maybe East Texas is harder but I promise you neither one is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                                Please! One time up in Wisconsin I watched a doe and fawn eat for 2 hours hours in the woods and covered a distance of 35 yards, about 200 yards from my bow stand.

Maybe East Texas is harder but I promise you neither one is easy.
                                Exactly. It's all the same imo. Elk in Co, Deer in E Texas, Bear in Alaska. You either understand game and the outdoors or you dont.

Comment

Working...
                                X