Wife: "Why do you want so much land??"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife: "Why do you want so much land??"

New career starting next week and a mild windfall financially arrived so we have roughly $3500 a month that comes in tax free. That's above my own pay checks that more than cover all of our monthly costs. So I started looking for land, why not? I'm looking at 15-60 acre tracts with water (stock tanks) on site. In the midst of this I get.....

Wife: "Why do you want that much land? I mean really..... 15 plus acres? 60 acres? Seriously? Are you buying cows or something?"

Me: "Um... I want to hunt the land. We can fish the tanks, feed out deer and turkey and a few hogs off the feeders and put those in the freezer."

Wife: "Can't you hunt on 10 acres out here?"

Me; "....yes but..."

Wife: "Guess you'll want to go buy more bows and guns too?"

Me: "......... maybe?"

Now I'm trying to find out how to explain that my family hasn't had acreage since my great grandfather sold his acres down in Cuero (spelling?) in the late 60's. 700 acres of bottom land out there went to someone and we still have no idea where the money went. When I die I want to leave something for my kids/grand kids/great grand kids to enjoy.

My wife is amazing and great with money so she looks long and hard at any large purchase. I've got 16 years till I retire at this. She's set up well also. I figure a small patch of Texas dirt that we can hunt and fish on is a wise investment.

Regardless of which way we go we'll make the decision together but I could use some advice.

Thoughts?
    Richard.

Land's always an investment... that's how you should have started

Comment

Tell her your girlfriend thinks it's a great idea and she needs to get onboard too!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New wife

Comment

Tell her when you die she can sell it for a massive profit and buy a trophy husband.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            Tell her your girlfriend thinks it's a great idea and she needs to get onboard too!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Let us know how the divorce proceedings go...Lol

Comment

Women!

Comment

To be a TBH rancher?

Comment

Start looking at 1,000 acre tracts and keep showing her. It will make the smaller acreage piece you want to buy seem like a bargain.

Comment

Women: You can't live with them and you can't live with them!:

Comment

I got the same thing on 30-40 acres

Comment

$3,500 a month after tax is an AWESOME windfall, congrats! My FIL has been trying to get this place sold for a while. 3,500 a month would probably cover it!

Comment

I guess I'm a lucky guy ! Or smart and good looking. No, couldn't be that. Just lucky. My wife is actually the one who pushed me off the fence when we bought our place. I was hemming and hawwing over it and she said if you want that place you better write a check before someone else does.

Comment

Thankful I've inherited my land. Am looking at picking up the adjacent 10 acres though.

Comment

They are not making anymore of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X