No announcement yet.

Wife: "Why do you want so much land??"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently had the same discussion. I have 3-4 more years before I can afford land (I refuse to take out a loan), but I started with I want land. I had information on how land value almost never drops (In the form of property values from 1980 until today for various areas within a 10 hour ride of Houston). I explained there would be no loan, and I would completely pay for it myself, as its something I want, similar to a car.

I also compared it to how much it costs to hunt out west each year, plus the fact that shes not coming with, nor getting a vacation if I continue to go out west, and we build no equity with going out west, nor have a piece of land to sell when we retire for a profit.

End of they day, I got the green light. So now I am just a few years away. Not buying land in Texas though, no way I am paying that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Tell her your girlfriend thinks it's a great idea and she needs to get onboard too!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's funny

Comment

Sounds like you model is defective.

Comment

I'm with you, Junkers. I'd love to have a place of my own.

Just to play devils advocate though - from an investment standpoint - If you used two of those months income for hunting and fishing trips or deer lease, and put back the other 10 payments you'd have a nice little nest egg that would be way more valuable than the land.

$35,000 / 12 months = $2961 monthly into an investment account at 6% ROI for 20 years you'd have about $1.4 million. At 25 years you'd have +$2,000,000

Not sure how old you are, but you could spend your 50s and 60s on some epic hunts and have a very secure retirement.

Hard to make this case on a hunting site, and hard to start buying into the stock market right now at all time highs, but it is an option.

Either way, congrats on your new windfall and I hope you make the most of it.

Comment

Working...
          X