Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Mayweather-Mcgregor Aug 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=tim21877;12506818]
    Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Connor has nowhere near faced the level of ELITE TALENT that Floyd has

Connor has fought mainly guys from your local 24 Fitness, Cross-Fit or Grazie-Barra gym

LOL OK buddy. That's why McGregor is a world champion and the biggest MMA PPV draw because he fights scrubs all the time

Two different sports altogether. McGregor is one of the best MMA has to offer but MMA isn't boxing. Sure he fights some stand up but NONE of those guys are truly elite boxers or one of the best boxers of all time. It's no different than Floyd taking a straight MMA fight. McGregor would absolutely unequivocally destroy him in the first round.

I'm the boxing world, Mayweather is a king among kings. I don't care how irritating his style might be but 49-0 against they guys he beat? To even suggest McGregor is in the same boxing universe is absurd.

It's two guy who know their larger than life personalities and the intrigue of this match up is going to get them one hell of a payday.

More power to them.

Comment

Yessir that and 100$ million

Comment

Lo....x2

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
          Where did you see the 154 lbs and 10 oz gloves agreement?? Last I heard was Floyd was demanding 145 lbs and Floyd will absolutely get his way.

Dana White released the details. The financial terms of the agreement are subject to a confidentiality agreement so we can only speculate as to how much they will make. Terms were reported here. http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/gallery...r-fight-061417

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            Mayweather isn't knocking anyone out, but he dang sure aint losing either.

If Professional Boxers can't touch him, I'm not sure why anyone thinks a man who splits his time with striking and other disciplines will do anything.

Then add 10 oz. gloves and the chances for getting caught get even smaller.
            There is a chance.

I think he stands a better chance because he is not the traditional boxer. That type of fighter gets picked apart by Mayweather time and time again. He could do that for 8 rounds, be ahead on the scorecard 5000-1 and BAM. Down goes Mayweather.

Comment

Since this is just a glorified exhibition match for a bunch of $$, or a huge $$ grab, however you want to look at it, why didn't they make the rules a little more fair and interesting? I get it that Mayweather doesn't want to go to the ground, but why not a kickboxing match? They might as well tie one of McGregors hands behind his back with these rules. Only thing that would make this interesting to me is if Mayweather agrees to a rematch in the octagon w/ ufc rules. Can't dance your way out of a choke hold Boy!

I have very low expectations of this fight, it's got all the makings for an over-hyped boring mess. Might as well binge watch the last season of dancing w/ the stars.

Yup.
              Agree with this.
              But this is pure boxing so Connor is at a severe disadvantage just like Rousey was.
              More so and not even close, Rousey vs Holm was ufc rules

Connor has fought mainly guys from your local 24 Fitness, Cross-Fit or Grazie-Barra gym
              Do what?!?! Troll much?
              Last edited by Birddog66; 06-15-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Floyd hasn't knocked anyone out in 10 years.
                Floyd's last fight was at 145, this will be at 154.
                Connor will be several weight classes bigger than Mayweather when they get in the ring.

If Mayweather wins, it goes the distance, if McGregor wins it will be 1st or 2nd round KO (Very Unlikley).
                Either way its a BIG win for McGregor and MMA.

Comment

he knocked out hatten. luckycharms couldn't hold hattens jock.
                  hes fought and absorbed everything canelo threw. Luckycharms doesn't hit anywhere close to as hard as canelo.
                  the very best of the best couldn't touch mayweather..and when they got lucky with one punch..he still withstood it and went on to beat them handily. (and the lucky punches are harder than anything lucky charms will have with 10oz gloves...)
                  Pacman couldn't cut off the ring ...no ****in way luckycharms will be able to.

this is a exhibition match..nothing more than a clinic for Mayweather.
                  its a payday and retirement party for luckycharms.
                  its another chance at another PPV record for Mayweather...
                  its a final payday for Dana White as well, for this particular cash cow.

be glad when its over.. maybe dana white will retire and mma can get back to being about the fights that make sense, be about the fighters earning fights, over what the ppv brings..

Comment

[quote=tim21877;12506818]

LOL OK buddy. That's why McGregor is a world champion and the biggest MMA PPV draw because he fights scrubs all the time
                    Mms isn't old enough yet.
                    Talent pool isn't deep enough

You got guys going from HEB deli clerk to #1 contender in mma in under a year!

Boxing you have to rise through the ranks

Don't forget today was the world champion was said to be pound for pound better than Floyd and she even challenged Floyd.

But she got whipped by a girl.

Something has to be said that49 times Floyd has steped in the ring and he's never lost

Comment

According to the Westgate Superbook in Las Vegas, the undefeated Mayweather has been priced at 1/11 (-1100) odds,
                      Floyd Mayweather Conor McGregor
                      Boxing MMA
                      Record 49-0 (26 KO) 21-3 (18 KO)
                      Age 40 28
                      Height 5’8” 5’9”
                      Reach 72” 74”
                      Earnings $1.3 billion $34 million

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        its a payday and retirement party for luckycharms.
                        its another chance at another PPV record for Mayweather...
                        its a final payday for Dana White as well, for this particular cash cow.

be glad when its over.. maybe dana white will retire and mma can get back to being about the fights that make sense, be about the fighters earning fights, over what the ppv brings..
                        I hope that's not the case for McGregor, but if your right, I don't know how this is a good thing for the UFC. The 1 benefit I see right now is the recognition it will bring in the mainstream media. For example, espn has talked about UFC/MMA more in the last 24 hours than ever. Doesn't really matter to me though, I'm good with the UFC coverage that's already in place.

But Yes, Connor and Dana are gonna get paid$$$$$

I have to disagree with you about Dana though, I think he has done a good job promoting the sport. He's made the sport what it is today and has been doing it for a long time. I generally get the fights I want to see. Who would you want to replace him?

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                          I have to disagree with you about Dana though, I think he has done a good job promoting the sport. He's made the sport what it is today and has been doing it for a long time. I generally get the fights I want to see. Who would you want to replace him?
                          The fighters disagree with you.
                          The Dana of late is not the same Dana that bought and built the ufc. The ranking system is silly...mostly because its not even used...
                          He never picked the fights in the past (pre-sale to the corp) no matter what he says.... Silva did.. Silva understood matchups and gave deserving fighters their shot.
                          Dana is counting doors and ppv's.

I'm not even a fan of Money's... I HATE his style of boxing... much rather see Macgregor and Cannelo ..or GGG go at it... that would be exciting...for a few seconds until Macgregor is on his back.. but its not gonna pay anywhere close to the same.

Comment

[quote=texansfan;12507291]
                            Originally posted by tim21877 View Post

Mms isn't old enough yet.
                            Talent pool isn't deep enough

You got guys going from HEB deli clerk to #1 contender in mma in under a year!

Boxing you have to rise through the ranks

Something has to be said that49 times Floyd has steped in the ring and he's never lost
                            DO WHAT?!?! talent pool isn't deep enough? maybe 10-15 years ago and maybe in certain classes, but I don't think that's the general idea today. Yea, guys are working in the deli but holds a blue belt in BJJ and been training mma for 5-15 years.

Nobody is taking anything away from Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Lucky Charms is gonna be made to look like a fool, and will be gassed trying to hit money... Money may just knock him out somewhere around the 5th to prove a point.

Professional top elite boxers couldn't hit Mayweather... you honestly believe McGregor can?

btw..i hate mayweather.. but lucky charms aint a boxer anywhere in the same zipcode as Mayweather... not even in the same zipcode as the guy hired to take a beating during training...or in the same zipcode as the guys hired to take beatings from the guys hired to take beatings...during training.....or the even the same zipcode as the guy picking up towels NEXT to the guys next to the guys hired to take beatings during training...

^^^ great post here.

Comment

I believe there's a good Pulp Fiction line here....

Comment

Working...
                                X