Mayweather-Mcgregor Aug 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
    Stupidest thing I've heard is comparing rousey to McGregor. Rousey can't punch, at all. No head movement. She eats fists as if they were part of her diet. Conor has boxing skills, head movement, and lateral footwork. He was a boxer before mma. His fundamentals are good. He has KO'd some amazing strikers in his career. Timing beats speed. He has a knack for that. Your anti McGregor face is showing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Connor has nowhere near faced the level of ELITE TALENT that Floyd has
    Connor has fought mainly guys from your local 24 Fitness, Cross-Fit or Grazie-Barra gym

Floyd has beat the "best of the best"
    Pacqiao
    Shane Mosely
    Manfreddy
    De La Hoya
    Diego Corrales
    Castillo
    Gatti
    Zab Judah
    Sharmbay Mitchell
    Hatton
    Marquez

Cmon.
    If you watch boxing you know these guys are all TOP NOTCH
    And Floyd HAS NEVER LOST

Not anti-McGregor (even though I don't like MMA)
    I'm simply looking at the facts.
    And facts are if The Texans were to play UH there'd be little competition

We are not talking Pacquiao here.
    We're talking about a guy who faces mediocre talent at best and is being asked to fight in a realm that he doesn't fight in often (if at all)

Comment

Lucky Charms is gonna be made to look like a fool, and will be gassed trying to hit money... Money may just knock him out somewhere around the 5th to prove a point.

Professional top elite boxers couldn't hit Mayweather... you honestly believe McGregor can?

btw..i hate mayweather.. but lucky charms aint a boxer anywhere in the same zipcode as Mayweather... not even in the same zipcode as the guy hired to take a beating during training...or in the same zipcode as the guys hired to take beatings from the guys hired to take beatings...during training.....or the even the same zipcode as the guy picking up towels NEXT to the guys next to the guys hired to take beatings during training...
      Last edited by systemnt; 06-15-2017, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Safest bet is this fight will b 1st of a trilogy. Like stated so many times this is boxing now.. oh to think of the good ole days. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If McGregor has to play by Queensbury rules he is done for unless Mayweather makes some kind of horrible mistake. I thought at first they were both going MMA but its boxing.

Comment

Connor isn't a boxer. This whole thing is a joke. I can't stand Mayweather but he's gonna kill him. This is the best player in mens tennis playing a tennis match against the best player in mens ping pong. Two TOTALLY different sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              This. McGregor doesn't have to worry about getting knocked out with the gloves they will be wearing. If he can keep his wind he can whip on Floyd. Bottom line is he probably doesn't care if he wins or loses.....he's a business genius. He's gonna get $100M.

I'll fight the 1990 Mike Tyson right now for $100,000. He won't kill me and I won't win but I'll have a new F250 tricked out tomorrow.

The scary part is that if you were fighting 1990 Mike Tyson there is a chance you would die. If 1990 Tyson hit an average Joe the guy's head has a chance of flying off.

Comment

Modern boxing is like wrestling in the 90's. It's over hyped and most certainly has a pre determined winner. Reminds me of the movie Great White Hype

Comment

[QUOTE=texansfan;12506635]Connor has nowhere near faced the level of ELITE TALENT that Floyd has
                  Connor has fought mainly guys from your local 24 Fitness, Cross-Fit or Grazie-Barra gym

LOL OK buddy. That's why McGregor is a world champion and the biggest MMA PPV draw because he fights scrubs all the time

Comment

There is a lot of great insight on here! Mayweather is one of the smartest businessmen in the sport.He has made a killing off of people like us by making us hate him. He sales ppv with people like us wanting to see him get knocked out. That's why the pacman fight was so huge! What a boring let down that was. This will be the same thing. His fights are boring but he really is that good! Did you guys not see what he did to Canello Alvarez? He made him look stupid and slow. However, the punchers chance is real! I remember a fight years ago when Sugar Shane Moseley landed a big shot on him early in the round and buckled Mayweather. For whatever reason he did not get on him and he ended up getting pounded the rest of the fight. It really made me think that it was rigged!!! He could have knocked him out with well over 2 minutes left in the round and he never went after him. That being said- if CMc happens to get lucky and lands that same punch to Mayweather- you can bet he will finish!!! Unless it's rigged! Money can make people do some stupid stuff!!!

Comment

It will be a big waste of time to even think about getting that fight. They are on Mayweather's terms and he'll just run for his life after getting a few shots in.

Comment

Mayweather-Mcgregor Aug 26

Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
                        Mayweather will destroy him in the 1st if it's boxing rules. I think it's Macgregor's brain getting him into a hundred million dollar pay day.
                        FIFY
                        [emoji1360]

This is a money grab, very little more.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-15-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                          It will be a big waste of time to even think about getting that fight. They are on Mayweather's terms and he'll just run for his life after getting a few shots in.
                          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhorn View Post
                            With 10 oz gloves and an agreed weight of 154 this may be a fight. I believe Conor's size and length will pose a problem for Mayweather. Mayweather has historically had issues with southpaws and Mcgregors left is up there with best of them. I believe Mayweather wins the fight but believe Conor has more than a punchers chance. I believe he may even win a round or two due to Mayweather's defense style of fighting. Conor will come forward pressing the action and will most likely get caught with some counters and that will be his downfall. Fight will turn on how Conor deals with the frustration of trying to break through Floyd's guard. I'll be paying to watch it.

Where did you see the 154 lbs and 10 oz gloves agreement?? Last I heard was Floyd was demanding 145 lbs and Floyd will absolutely get his way.

Comment

if you believe Mayweather gave luckycharms ANYTHING in this fight.... you haven't compared the bank accounts ..
                              Luckycharms took a "yessir..that sounds fair..yessir....illmakehowmuch?...holyfook yessiryessiryessir.....signsignsignsign" approach to his negotiations..
                              Floyd doesn't give **** up. Fort Knox to piggy banks yo.

Comment

Mayweather isn't knocking anyone out, but he dang sure aint losing either.

If Professional Boxers can't touch him, I'm not sure why anyone thinks a man who splits his time with striking and other disciplines will do anything.

Then add 10 oz. gloves and the chances for getting caught get even smaller.

Comment

Working...
                                X