Reckon This One Will Sniff The Gulf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    West side of Houston feels great right now. Breezy, dry and mid 80s. Wont last though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been outside working in the yard all morning. Need to take advantage if this weather while I can, because in a few days it will be 100 degrees with 100% humidity again.

Comment

Got an 18' waterslide scheduled for my 7 yo's birthday party Saturday. .....bring on the sunshine!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
        I've been outside working in the yard all morning. Need to take advantage if this weather while I can, because in a few days it will be 100 degrees with 100% humidity again.
        Feels like late October out there, had a nice lunch on a Patio off Hwy 6. You would of thought it was Fall already.

Comment

Pretty good rain band has been slowly approaching Galveston all day. Sure hope we get some rain around Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            Pretty good rain band has been slowly approaching Galveston all day. Sure hope we get some rain around Houston.

Yeah I been watching that.....hoping for a terd floater here in Rosenberg tonight.

Comment

I have a bowfishing trip on the Trinity scheduled for Saturday. Looks like it is still on schedule.

Comment

Wednesday Afternoon update from Jeff Lindner of HCFCD.. Should give good info on when and what impacts to SETX.

Tropical storm force winds nearing the upper TX and SW LA coasts.

Offshore oil rigs and buoys have been reporting frequent wind gust to 50-55mph this morning. Radar images from Houston and Lake Charles have shown the gradual development of showers and thunderstorms across the NW semi-circle of the circulation this morning as dry air has nearly wrapped around the southern and eastern half of the surface circulation. This development of more concentrated heavy rainfall over the north and western portions of the circulation does give some confidence that the western side of Cindy may be the more active portion of the storm up through landfall. Based on the current forecast track which maintains the landfall of Cindy into the Sabine Pass area, this mass of heavy rainfall on the northwest side of the circulation will affect Jefferson, Chambers, Liberty, and possibly eastern Harris Counties starting later this afternoon and continuing into tonight.

Will pull back some on the expected rainfall totals, but leave all other impacts the same.

Winds:
                Chambers County: sustained winds of 40-50mph likely Wed night and Thursday morning
                Galveston County: sustained winds of 40-50mph likely Bolivar and Galveston Island Wed night and Thursday morning
                Harris County: sustained winds of 30-40mph possible late Wed night and Thursday morning may gust to 45 along the bay front.
                Liberty County: sustained winds of 30-40mph Thursday morning.

All other counties: winds generally below 40mph.

Tides:

Tides continue to run above normal both in Galveston Bay and along the Gulf beaches as the morning low tide has become trapped along the coast due to increasing long period wave action. Seas have increased to near 7 feet across the nearshore waters and pushing 8-12 feet offshore.

Chambers County: 3.5-4.4 feet above Mean Lower Low Water (MLLW)
                Galveston County: 3.5-4.5 feet above MLLW
                Harris County: 2-3 feet above MLLW
                Brazoria: 1-2 feet above MLLW

Note: Given the current forecast track NNE and N winds on Thursday morning will help to pile water against the north facing shores of Galveston Island and Bolivar.

Rainfall:

Chambers County: 3-5 inches isolated 7 inches
                Liberty County: 4-5 inches isolated 7 inches
                Harris County: 2-3 inches isolated 4 inches mainly east of I-45
                Galveston County: 2-3 inches isolated 4 inches
                San Jacinto County: 2-3 inches isolated 5 inches
                Polk County: 4 inches isolated 6 inches
                Montgomery County: 2-3 inches isolated 4 inches
                Walker County: 1-2 inches isolated 3 inches

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                  Wednesday Afternoon update from Jeff Lindner of HCFCD.. Should give good info on when and what impacts to SETX.
                  You remember the great hurricane evacuation of 2005.......we ain't falling for that again!

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                    Read it 4 times to find info on the county where landfall occurs: Jefferson. Guess no impact there? Just found it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
                      Read it 4 times to find info on the county where landfall occurs: Jefferson. Guess no impact there? Just found it interesting.
                      Guessing since he works for the Harris County Flood Control District, his updates are aimed more for this area and the neighboring counties.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Yeah I been watching that.....hoping for a terd floater here in Rosenberg tonight.
                        Why you confusing us with the change in avatar? All this time been thinking it was 1369!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          Why you confusing us with the change in avatar? All this time been thinking it was 1369!

Comment

Nice breeze here in Sirfside. Surf had picked up and surfers have been taking advantage of it. Also a 5' rattler eating a rat here on the jetties.
                            Last edited by BrandonH; 06-21-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

This gal is making it miserable down this way...wind blowing from the north & looking at temps around 110 tomorrow. Crazy??

Comment

Been driving to Newark airport and couldn't follow the weather. All the Houston flights got out on time up til my 8:20 which is now 2 hours delayed. Betting they cancel me. Oh well, at least there is the United club.

Comment

Working...
                                X