No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have seen 2 different cats where we hunt, but I have had not had a shot at on yet. Every person who has had a shot, said the cougar looked at them and all they could do was pray

Comment

I havent seen any cats . I hunt just north of Dryden off of 349.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Terrell County Hunting 2016-2017

We are north of Dryden, 8 miles or so. East of 349. We have a total of 4 sightings. 3 of a big one and 1 of a smaller one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Few rifle kills
          Attached Files

Comment

Was a rough hunt. Moon was so bright everything had distinct shadows. Bucks went nocturnal big time with that and the heat (was near 80 in the days).... Last year I’d see 75-85 deer a day and this year 15-20.... the .45-70 Govt. got to eat an old scrub buck and that’s it, but at least I went home with antlers and meat!
            I saw 2 shooter muleys the first morning. Out of the ones I had on camera they were the 2 I wanted to grow some. I decided to let them walk then never saw another shooter muley all week.
            I saw one decent WT 8pt opening morning but he never came out of the brush and then took off. The last evening I saw a monster WT for a few seconds.... he was walking a drainage and stopped to run his antlers on some brush... It was about 5 min past shooting light and too dark to take an ethical shot... NEXT YEAR!!!
            Was a great hunt with family and friends though and memories made forever.

He made some EXCELLENT grilled backstrap medallions!

Comment

Congrats on the kill. Looks like some mighty fine grub right there

Comment

Put a camera by our waterhole and feeder 20 yards from cabin. Got 6123 pics in 60 days, lol. Had a surprise or two. Date and time screwed up....$60 camera. These are oct/nov.
                First time Fluffy has made an appearance at waterhole.

Looks like he is fixing to eat coon. At least I hope so [emoji4]

Comment

Nice buck also

Comment

Nice pics man!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X