TXDOT? LED Billboard of Death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
    We must do something! Even if it only saves one child, it is worth it. No one needs a high capacity fuel tank when we have gas stations around every corner. And surely no one needs a 300 hp assault engine. It's for the children, just think of the children!

You will never hear anyone say that because the libtards have a use for cars. I bring this argument up with any libtard that talks about gun bans. It shuts them up every time!
    Gonna borrow your logic and argument--OK?

Comment

Considering the size of Texas and most people's reliance on a vehicle, 7-8 per day doesn't seem that out of the ordinary.

Comment

Heard a stat the other day. Don't remember whether it was TX or US. 50% of fatalities were teens not wearing seatbelts. I thought we had the seatbelt thing almost beat? At least in the younger generations.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          Actually read where texting drivers are now the #1 cause of traffic deaths in Texas. Hopefully the anti texting bill will be signed by Abbott. Start treating texting drivers like drunk drivers and throw em in jail. JMHO
          I don't know about Jail time, but stiffer penalties yes. I hope the Bill passes too, it went before Perry twice and he Vetoed it. Saying it was to much government reach.

I just don't get it most cars nowa days will read the text for you. if it is important enough for you to respond call them on your hands free technology. you can also get a whole system for like 150$ installed that will do all of that stuff for you from Pep Boys.

Comment

TXDOT? LED Billboard of Death?

I assumed the total was from the preceding 12 months......

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1495572832.217822.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	24497291
            View from my corner office :-(
            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 05-23-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I haven't checked in about 2 years but then the leading age group was 18-25 year old males. The state has more statistics on this than most people want to read. The next highest then was 30-40 year old males. Texting and speed was the top 2 problems. So it appears that if you stay off your phone and slow down a good percentage of these can be avoided.

Now that this came up again I will have to research it again to see if it still correct.

Comment

Here is the link to some statistics. Opening it should require a warning as it may require some to rethink the way they drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                  ..and that has nothing to do with the post.
                  So are you the self appointed topic police of TBH? There are 2 ways to go through life. You can either get butt hurt over everything or you can choose to enjoy the humor in everyday life. I respectfully suggest you choose the later. My post was humor.......

-john

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                    Actually read where texting drivers are now the #1 cause of traffic deaths in Texas. Hopefully the anti texting bill will be signed by Abbott. Start treating texting drivers like drunk drivers and throw em in jail. JMHO
                    It would seem so, but isn't backed up by the stats. It's actually fairly low on the list.

Comment

My son drives a toetruck. When he was on nights, he worked probably 2-3 fatalities a week. A bunch of them never are on the news.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        So are you the self appointed topic police of TBH? There are 2 ways to go through life. You can either get butt hurt over everything or you can choose to enjoy the humor in everyday life. I respectfully suggest you choose the later. My post was humor.......

-john
                        Nope, I didn't appoint myself anything. I agree with you on enjoying humor. I don't know if you are friends with "Doug" and if so, he likely understood your "humor." Your lack of the use of a smiley face made your post appear like at least one other of your posts taking not so subtle or humorous shots at left lane drivers and an attempt to deviate the intent of this thread. I respectfully suggest you take some effort to further express your comments as humor () when posting for everyone to see. Have a better day today.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                          Nope, I didn't appoint myself anything. I agree with you on enjoying humor. I don't know if you are friends with "Doug" and if so, he likely understood your "humor." Your lack of the use of a smiley face made your post appear like at least one other of your posts taking not so subtle or humorous shots at left lane drivers and an attempt to deviate the intent of this thread. I respectfully suggest you take some effort to further express your comments as humor () when posting for everyone to see. Have a better day today.
                          Don't know Doug from Adam. Oddly I don't think Doug had any issues with it. If he did did not say. In reality I do not have any use for idiots that stay in the left lane but my post was meant in humor. The fact that you did not get it because I did not put smiley faces on it really is not my fault.

I was responding to a post in the thread. You decided that you needed to police it by saying it was off topic from what the original poster intended. How have either of your posts in this thread contributed to what the original posted intended? They don't. Based on the fact that you remember something that I posted about driving in the left lane from an earlier thread I must have offended you over there. This has nothing to do with if my first post was on topic. It was about unresolved issues that you have from an earlier post I made. In reality I am flattered......I did not think anyone really read my post much less remembered them. <---this is meant as humor but I don't do the little smiley faces.....<---- this too but once again I don't do smiley faces.....

-john

Comment

Just got results from the week of May 6-12. 65 deaths statewide.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                              Thats the cost of living in a highly developed state. Big cities means more traffic and accidents. Makes me afraid for my family too. Its just one more reason to move.
                              Do the stats show that the majority of fatalities are in the major cities? With all the traffic in Texas' metro areas the speeds are not nearly as fast as I see in rural areas.......just thinking outloud.
                              Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                              Just got results from the week of May 6-12. 65 deaths statewide.
                              DAGGUM! That a lot of funerals.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Do the stats show that the majority of fatalities are in the major cities? With all the traffic in Texas' metro areas the speeds are not nearly as fast as I see in rural areas.......just thinking outloud.

DAGGUM! That a lot of funerals.
                                Yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X