TXDOT? LED Billboard of Death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
    My question is why did he have to pass you on the right?

-john
    Lol here we go...

Comment

I like some of Europe's laws when it comes to driving. Now I know it is a little different there and some people never even buy a car because they can get around town or wherever they need to go by public transport. to get a license in there is super hard and people have to pass multiple test and their tickets for things like distractive driving and other along that point that cause accidents are fairly high in value.

Comment

Thats the cost of living in a highly developed state. Big cities means more traffic and accidents. Makes me afraid for my family too. Its just one more reason to move.

Comment

"#EndTheStreak"

Comment

Put the cell phone down. It can wait

Comment

it's not just cell phones. Look at all the tech features cars come with now that require you to take your eyes off the road. Years ago controls were intuitive and you could change the radio station, adjust the heater/air conditioner, or hit your flashers without ever looking away from the road. Not anymore.

A few years ago I took part in an automotive survey and our group was shown 3 dashes and we had to choose one and tell why we liked it. All of them had at least 20 buttons, none of which were intuitive. I brought up that texting while driving is becoming illegal due to being distracted, but auto manufacturers are making dashes so complex it is impossible to do anything without being distracted. The other people taking the survey looked at me with the deer in the headlights look while the people giving the survey were busy taking notes.

Comment

I get a weekly report from DPS on the fatality wrecks across the state. 50-60 in a week across the state isn't unusual at all. They do track how many involve drinking and drugs but it's hard to determine texting or distracted driving when the only witness to the wreck is the one killed in it. Repeat DWI offenders are horrible and they should face stiffer punishment however I think there are 2 things we can do to reduce wrecks. Lower speed limits and outlaw texting while driving. Force people to use a hands-free option and learn to have conversations again. I bet you would see the deaths drop with those 2 changes.

Disclaimer: I'm not on my soap box at all, just giving an opinion based on the info I get at work.

Comment

People keep driving like Bob Phillips (the Country Reporter dude), the stats will go up. Last week he went from the far left lane to an exit ramp and almost caused a bad one. He crossed 3 lanes of traffic on 75 in Richardson. Cars were swerving all over the place.

Comment

Looking a the last available stats for the state from police crash reports shows that on September 26th of 2015 22 people were killed involving 21 crashes. Wow.

Comment

The phone epidemic is horrible in the Dallas metro mess, it's like drunks on the roads 24/7. It need to end! People are down right idiots! Pull up to a light and count the idiots on the phone. I see it every day. It amazes me.

My guess is the folks in charge are guilty of this practice. It's a shame!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
                        Not to long ago, I was on I-20 headed to Ft Worth. I looked at the car that was passing me on my right side and noticed he was driving with his knees and READING A BOOK!!!! I honked my horn and spoke to him with my hands telling him to pay attention and look forward.... That was ridiculous!... A book....WOW...
                        I once saw a guy driving with his knees eating a plate of spaghetti on I-10 in Houston at 7:00 in the morning. Who eats spaghetti at 7:00 in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                          My question is why did he have to pass you on the right?

-john
                          ..and that has nothing to do with the post.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                            28 million people in Texas.
                            We have 675k+ miles of road, that's over 300k more than the next state.
                            We have some of the fastest highways on earth
                            I agree that we should try to prevent as many as possible. I wish there were data the shows how many of those involved alcohol. Overall however, I feel like .004 of the population dying in car wrecks, seems like a pretty realistic number. I think cracking down on DWI repeat offenders could easily cut this number in half. Plus, id like to see drivers ed back in school. I don't believe adding additional laws will help with anything, maybe enforcement of laws to the fullest extent might though.
                            Actually read where texting drivers are now the #1 cause of traffic deaths in Texas. Hopefully the anti texting bill will be signed by Abbott. Start treating texting drivers like drunk drivers and throw em in jail. JMHO

Comment

And what's even worse is sitting at a red light and having to honk to the cell phone user to let them know the light turned green.

I'm sure many on here do it. I'm not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                                Actually read where texting drivers are now the #1 cause of traffic deaths in Texas. Hopefully the anti texting bill will be signed by Abbott. Start treating texting drivers like drunk drivers and throw em in jail. JMHO
                                This^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X