No announcement yet.

Help with Gun Safe Selection Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends if you want a true safe or a metal gun box. Not to be ugly, but there are miles of difference between the two.

Comment

Yes, I have a metal gun box now.... I want/ need a safe.

Comment

I don't know how quick you are buying but 9 places in DFW metroplex area
        FATBOY safes are the #1 SELLING BIG GUN SAFES IN AMERICA! The FATBOY gun safe is one of the largest and toughest security vaults built in America and holds a whopping 60 GUNS! FATBOYS give you excellent security along with a lot of space and flexibility. ** Installation options and pricing are shown at checkout before

LUCKY 7 PROMO - THE #1 FATBOY - WOW, $662 OFF! makes the fatboy just below $2k
        (EXPIRES MAY 8)

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
          Get a Winchester at tsc. To me all safes are the same
          That's not a bad one, but they're not all the same, nowhere near. Mine itsnt fancy but it's not a stack on either. Buy to your comfort level. And pocket book. Liberty are great I wish I went that route but have no complaints with mine
          The safe alert is cool. Never heard of it before

Comment

Check these guys out. I went with them and am very pleased!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
              Yes, I have a metal gun box now.... I want/ need a safe.
              A true safe will not be in your budget and it not what most people are expecting. All these "safes" are actually RSC's. For that budget, Liberty Fatboy is about that I know of in that size.

Comment

Got my "safe" about 2 months ago now. Like you I was really looking at the Liberty Fatboy extreme in my budget.

Ended up seeing the Dakota Safe Company at Costco. Their safe has a 10 gauge body, 1hr45 min burn time at 1250 degrees, 18 1.5" locking bolts, automatic light, and weighs in around 1400 lbs. The interior was similar to the Fatboy Exterme which I like better than the regular Fatboy.

In my opinion the Dakota safe (DS42) offered more than the Fatboy and a lower price and I went with them. They even delivered in house for $125 where as everyone else was charging around $350. This is the model I went with http://dakotasafe.com/dakota7242.html .

Purchased the safe from Moore Security and was happy with their service and delivery.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    A true safe will not be in your budget and it not what most people are expecting. All these "safes" are actually RSC's. For that budget, Liberty Fatboy is about that I know of in that size.
                    X2...... buy the thickest American steel safe you can... the amsec bf series is what I selected as welll and it has a 1/2" thick steel plate on the door. Their 22 gun safe that I own weighs just short of 900 lbs.

Comment

You need to watch a few YouTube videos on how gunsafes are defeated before you purchase...... I could get into a Liberty fat boy without a lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
                        Thanks for all the input...

8mpg - I guess my budget is up to about the $3k range...

With a budget of that call up sturdy safe and have one custom built. It's insane the things they can do to enhance the fire rating and security that aren't listed on their website. They're not in Texas but they use American steel in their safes and only hire American citizens for their shop.

This is the route I will go when I get mine for my new house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Help with Gun Safe Selection Please

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                          X2...... buy the thickest American steel safe you can... the amsec bf series is what I selected as welll and it has a 1/2" thick steel plate on the door. Their 22 gun safe that I own weighs just short of 900 lbs.

The reason Amsec is so heavy is because of the concrete they fill it with.

Last edited by Mike D; 05-07-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I have a Liberty Lincoln and am pretty happy with it. Really nice without stepping up to presidential

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              The reason Amsec is so heavy is because of the concrete they still it with.

Definitely part of it..... the 59" x 30" x 1/2" plate on the door also weighs 250 lbs by it self. Before it was anchored, I opened the door and the back end of the safe would lean forward off the floor and rest on the corner of the door.

Comment

I just purchased one of the larger AMSEC B&F Series...I am biased to this brand since I got my first one about 20 years ago.

The motion detection interior lighting is really a nice touch...think mine was around 1500lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X