No announcement yet.

Preppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilet paper..... lots and lots of toilet paper.

Comment

Short term is the usual already mentioned.

What I have yet to see from a long term SHTF scenario is knowledge and skills. Let's face it it's not practical to think you can stockpile enough water and supplies to hole up and survive long term.

So what survival skills do you have, shelter building, fire starting, food preservation, gardening ect

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
        toilet paper..... Lots and lots of toilet paper.

truth!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Cheetos
          Brach's Butterscotch Disks
          Various KoolAid packets
          Crown Royal
          Boobs
          Filet Mignon
          iPhone
          Green Hi-liter
          Torx screwdriver
          Sanyo remote control
          Dukes of Hazard lunchbox
          Ammo
          Guns
          Sweet and Low packets
          Meat
          tape measure
          Sushi
          Various keys that I've found in my junk drawer
          For the win with Cheetos and boobs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            For the win with Cheetos and boobs!!

Food and shelter 101

Comment

You guys are hilarious. North Korea part was a joke, but the need to have a few things on hand I think is smart. I keep several items already. About to put in a garden. Wish I could have a water well. I live on an aquifer, but the city of Austin would freak out. Lot of good ideas on here. I know it's a joke to a lot of people, but natural disasters are real, power grid going down is real, and mass rioting is real.

I don't need more guns, and I'm not sure what got my wife going, but I'm going to reorganize and make room to keep a few extra things on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                You guys are hilarious. North Korea part was a joke, but the need to have a few things on hand I think is smart. I keep several items already. About to put in a garden. Wish I could have a water well. I live on an aquifer, but the city of Austin would freak out. Lot of good ideas on here. I know it's a joke to a lot of people, but natural disasters are real, power grid going down is real, and mass rioting is real.

I don't need more guns, and I'm not sure what got my wife going, but I'm going to reorganize and make room to keep a few extra things on hand.

The TV show Walking Dead got my wife going. She saw how easyit would be for a small desperate group to take over your house. She has been looking at property outside of town ever since!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                  The TV show Walking Dead got my wife going. She saw how easyit would be for a small desperate group to take over your house. She has been looking at property outside of town ever since!
                  Ha, as long as she's buying!

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                    Ha, as long as she's buying!
                    She has been finding some good ones, but most are either $100k above our budget or they need a LOT of work! Nonetheless it is nice that she keeps asking me what we need to add to our stash!

Comment

Found these at sams

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        She has been finding some good ones, but most are either $100k above our budget or they need a LOT of work! Nonetheless it is nice that she keeps asking me what we need to add to our stash!
                        I am a true believer if you include the family in your hobbies or whatever the budget increases dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          Twinkies, you have to have twinkies!!!
                          Haha, those things will outlast everything. I believe I heard their half life was around 1000 years.

Comment

I have started adding salt to my stores...

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                              Wonder if they're watching our southern border a little closer now that all this North Korea stuff is going on. People are worried about ICMB's, but I'd be more worried about someone smuggling a nuke across our open southern border. They may not have the technology to launch one over her on a missile, but they may be able to still get one here if our borders aren't secure. That's why we need to BUILD THE WALL
                              HAHAHAHAHAHA I can already see 20 Mexicans with a huge nuke rocket on their backs crossing the rio grande and kim jung un clapping as they are doing it from the Mexican side.

Comment

Life straw is all the water you will need, food you can buy bulk in 5 gallon buckets that have 25 year shelf life, a 22, shelter, traps for small game.

Comment

Working...
                                X