No announcement yet.

Post picture of your proudest Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First elk kill and did it with a bow at 14 yes on public land.

Comment

I'm proud of this one a lot. After about 30-45 mins of sitting at one stand on Christmas Eve with a buddy, he came stalking up. We both saw him before we even hit the lights as it was a clear night with a full moon. I missed the first shot but he didn't flinch. That was his mistake. I hit him on the 2nd shot. I regret not weighing him as I think he pushed 35. Maybe bigger.

For size reference, I just killed this one last November and it was 25 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Long story!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Comment

I killed a timber wolf in Canada on a deer hunt back in 2005. I've been fortunate enough to take many animals that qualify for Pope and Young since then, and several of those qualify for Boone and Crockett, but the trophy I'm most proud of has got to be that wolf. Not too many folks get the opportunity to kill a wolf with archery equipment & I likely never will again. Sorry for the sideways pic.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SS75; 04-22-2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

I was 10yrs old in 1974. Killed him chasing a doe at 10yrds in Lovelady, Texas right on Box creek. I miss those days. We had eight of the finest men I've ever met on that lease. Every one of them was a veteran and worked for HL&P or was a union carpenter. Learned a lot of life lessons from them. I was the only kid allowed to hunt on the place. I was a paid member and would raise money mowing lawns during the summer to pay my lease spot. It was $147 dollars. You had to mow a lot of lawns at .75 a lawn to make that.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
              Casting Topwaters and smashed in over 6,000 ft of water. Hooked up for over an hour on 50lb test line - over 100lbs.

You hook a tuna over 100lbs in super deep water - it's on all the way down......EVERY BIT OF WHAT YOU GOT AND THEN SOME!

There isn't a fish that swims that can fight like a tuna over 100 lbs - it's pure Masochistic! Pelagics, marlin, sailfish, swordfish etc.....they all head to the surface. Not the Tuna..........they go straight down and they fight to the death. Never giving up.........no let off, it's pureness from a solid connect and kill game.

I hunted for years, shot stuff from mule deer, antelope, passed on big butt bears, whitetails in South Texas and States many here, never hunted. None of it even compares to the world offshore, thousands of feet of pelagic filled water.......sorry, just doesn't go there for me.

With this animal - you first have to trick it into hammering the lure - CASTED not TROLLED and then the BATTLE IS ON - LIKE DONKEY KONG! Decks pitching, folks puking and only the hardcore prevail.

No 3 lb triggers, no 70 lb pull with 50% or better let off.........and getting seasick when the Gulf rolls 7 - 15 ft.

Hunting to me.....got too easy. This ISN'T EASY!

No sleep for 3 days........solid fishing in seas offshore with a small group of men. No rules, no regulations excluding Federal fishing regulations........pirates living on the edge. Hunting simply got stale - this never get's stale........living life on the Marine edge - some can dig it and MANY can't!

We bowfish barracuda around 20 - 30 lbs - YAWN

I had a big yellowfin tuna on for about 30 min years back and the man in the gray suit took him from me. Man was I ticked off lol! Your picture makes me want to go after them again.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                I was 10yrs old in 1974. Killed him chasing a doe at 10yrds in Lovelady, Texas right on Box creek. I miss those days. We had eight of the finest men I've ever met on that lease. Every one of them was a veteran and worked for HL&P or was a union carpenter. Learned a lot of life lessons from them. I was the only kid allowed to hunt on the place. I was a paid member and would raise money mowing lawns during the summer to pay my lease spot. It was $147 dollars. You had to mow a lot of lawns at .75 a lawn to make that.
                thats bad ace. I tip my hat to you sir!

Comment

It's a toss up for me, one day it's the moose the next day it's the mtn goat then visa versa
                  Attached Files

Comment

First kill with my son

Comment

Y'all have some impressive animals. I don't have enough money to contribute to this thead but keep posting so I can keep dreaming

Comment

Post picture of your proudest trophy!

I have two
                        Attached Files

Comment

Probsbly my biggest bow buck I shot in 2012 I think? Opening day kill. Still my biggest deer to date.

As for one of my favorite moments it would be winning the state championship last year or one of my sons big fish.

Comment

Originally posted by SS75 View Post
                            I killed a timber wolf in Canada on a deer hunt back in 2005. I've been fortunate enough to take many animals that qualify for Pope and Young since then, and several of those qualify for Boone and Crockett, but the trophy I'm most proud of has got to be that wolf. Not too many folks get the opportunity to kill a wolf with archery equipment & I likely never will again. Sorry for the sideways pic.
                            Very cool trophy! With a bow makes it very impressive!

Comment

Comment

Post picture of your proudest Kill

First buck I killed on our farm. Bought it in 2013 and killed him Nov 2016. Free range, archery, on our farm, first P&Y and with my 4 best friends in the world there to recover and celebrate. Dad was taking the picture. It won't be topped.

Comment

Working...
                                X