Taco, burrito....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
    This is what I consider a breakfast burrito.
    Papas, chorizo and egg. Smothered with red chile gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that is filled with chorizo, papas, and egg, I want no part of it. That is not found in Texas.

I will say, NM had some of the best cooking I have ever found, but that is not what I would want for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
      All these threads are proving that tbh isn't a place to prove vernacular standards... there is so many contradicting opinions...
      With that said, we called breakfast tacos (egg,bacon or sausage, cheese, flour tortilla) breakfast taquitos growing up... but admitedly we are gringos haha
      So you called them tacos. Taquito means "little taco"

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        Burritos are more of a tex-mexican and southwestern thing.
        Try to find a burrito in San Antonio. You'll find one... But you're gonna have to search for a while. Burritos are the big monster things, tacos are normal sized... Well... Tacos.

Comment

Good God it's a long way until hunting season

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            This is really simple -

1. Tortilla type doesnt matter

2. If it is closed on an end, it is a burrito

3. If it is open on both sides, it is a taco

No breakfast burritos unless made at McDs, Sonic or Walmart frozen food section[emoji23]

Comment

If the tortilla used is bigger than your face it is a burrito. I am a pinche gringo.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                Yankees call burritos "wraps". I don't care what they are called. Give me three barbcoa and pass the pico de gallo please.
                Por favor!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  Please, don't encourage him.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    Please, don't encourage him.

Haha. When the mans right, he's right. All these Yankees need to go back to eating their microwaveable gas station breakfast burrito lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If the ends are tucked, its a burrito

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw713 View Post
                        No Mames
                        ayi, ayi, ayi, Gringos Loco's
                        whats it matter, you eat what ever they put in front of you, and it's all good....... be it a Taco, Burrito, evan a Street Taco, Taquito
                        there all good...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                          ayi, ayi, ayi, Gringos Loco's
                          whats it matter, you eat what ever they put in front of you, and it's all good....... be it a Taco, Burrito, evan a Street Taco, Taquito
                          there all good...
                          ....just stirring the burrito fixins a little..

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                            Whole other can of worms just in using the term west Texas. I'm from Abilene and say I'm from west Texas which irks my buddy who is from El Paso. [emoji1]
                            I am from Abilene Too. when I tell people it is in "west" Texas they always say, "oh, out by Midland?" I usually just say we are in the middle of Texas, but there isn't a mid Texas geographical location, so we use West Texas because we don't want to be lumped in with those East Texas type people.

As for the Taco debate, burritos are totally made up by immigrants to Texas because they didn't know how to hold a taco so as not to spill everything on their shirts. Tacos are Mexican food, Burritos came from Pinche Gringos!!!

Comment

Around H-town, pretty much all Mexicans call them tacos regardless of type of shell or contents.

I also grew up calling them tacos with an added description in the front; i.e. breakfast, beef, chicken, etc.

When I was a kid, the only place I remember hearing the word burrito was Taco Bell.

With that said, when I'm thinking of a burrito, I'm thinking about a large flour tortilla closed on both ends loaded and large enough to take up an entire plate. Also, this is something one would want to eat with a fork, not hands.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                                Around H-town, pretty much all Mexicans call them tacos regardless of type of shell or contents.

I also grew up calling them tacos with an added description in the front; i.e. breakfast, beef, chicken, etc.

When I was a kid, the only place I remember hearing the word burrito was Taco Bell.

With that said, when I'm thinking of a burrito, I'm thinking about a large flour tortilla closed on both ends loaded and large enough to take up an entire plate. Also, this is something one would want to eat with a fork, not hands.

Same here.....but in the Corpus area. The other burrito was the deep fried kind off of the Schwann's truck or from the little Dairy Queen knockoff, called Dairy King. Everything else was a taco.

Comment

Working...
                                X