No announcement yet.

Help building back my St. Augustine Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did the first sprig of St Augustine grass originate from?

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      Where did the first sprig of St Augustine grass originate from?
      It grew wild along the gulf coast back in the early 1800s

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        We sell Palisades also, it's definitely a great grass. Unfortunately it's not in everybody's budget.

What do you charge for a pallet of zoysia? To wholesale contractors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
          What do you charge for a pallet of zoysia? To wholesale contractors.

Which type?

Palisades
          Emerald
          Zeon
          Geo
          Cutlass
          L1F

Comment

It grew wild along the gulf coast back in the early 1800s
            Thanks
            I ve ask this question many times with no answers. Well other than St Augustine Florida

Comment

Which type?

Palisades

Emerald

Zeon

Geo

Cutlass

L1F

Zeon

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                Zeon

It's around 150.00 a pallet, depending on the customer.

Comment

We just sodded our front lawn this weekend. We used to have st Augustine but the last few years it all turned to crab grass. So I rented a sod remover from Home Depot ($70) and bought a pallet of st Augustine ($130ish for 450 sq ft). Since we redid it, we also added a flagstone walkway and I'm going to make the shape of Texas out of flagstone around the tree.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                    We just sodded our front lawn this weekend. We used to have st Augustine but the last few years it all turned to crab grass. So I rented a sod remover from Home Depot ($70) and bought a pallet of st Augustine ($130ish for 450 sq ft). Since we redid it, we also added a flagstone walkway and I'm going to make the shape of Texas out of flagstone around the tree.
                    Keep in mind, that the crab grass seeded out and there is still lots of seed in your soil. I would put pre-emergent atleast 3 times a year for the next 3 years , till the seed becomes non sterile. Then only once a year around mid February should be all you need.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! If the crabgrass ever comes back, I'll just have to burn the lawn down and concrete it in!

Comment

We sell Palisades also, it's definitely a great grass. Unfortunately it's not in everybody's budget.
                        Do you sell Palmetto St. Augustine ? If so, is it a better St. Augustine variety

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                          Do you sell Palmetto St. Augustine ? If so, is it a better St. Augustine variety
                          Yes we have Palmetto St.Augustine. I prefer Raleigh St. Augustine for its darker green color. Palmetto can sometimes have a little yellow tint to it. They both get brown patch like crazy during the fall and early spring.

Comment

Randy Lemmon on the web...follow his fertilation schedule...also he is on 740am on Saturday and Sunday starting around 7:00am.

Comment

Originally posted by TTORA View Post
                              ALL this dude wants to do is be a jerk and sell you his book!!!!
                              True that he's always a smart ***** to people who call in. Even old people. I do get some good info from him but he is an *****.

Comment

Yes we have Palmetto St.Augustine. I prefer Raleigh St. Augustine for its darker green color. Palmetto can sometimes have a little yellow tint to it. They both get brown patch like crazy during the fall and early spring.
                                In Houston, my backyard has a large oak, and For a few years I did not canopy it like I should. I need to put down some more grass under it.

The whole neighborhood has Raleigh St Augustine. I am planning on putting the palmetto st Augustine down due to the shade (I realize I need to be more diligent about thinning the tree to have a chance).

I am assuming that's my best bet?

Comment

Working...
                                X