No announcement yet.

Best Mexican food in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously though, Hugo's Mexican Restaurant in Houston off of Westheimer. It will change your life

Authentic Mexican cuisine by award-winning chef Hugo Ortega, hand-shaken margaritas and a festive atmosphere make this one of Houston’s don’t-miss dining experiences.

Comment

Jardin Coronas in Liberty Hill! I mean, might not be the absolute best in Texas but everyone I know loves it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Last edited by JewellHuntress; 03-26-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
        It'll be BoBs house......he also has the best BBQ available in the state
        He eats at Chuys, no love from me!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Yep. I believe it's on Sunday now they have a buffet style breakfast. Carnitas, cheese enchiladas and eggs is good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Gas station Mexican food and "best" do not belong in the same thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            Yep. I believe it's on Sunday now they have a buffet style breakfast. Carnitas, cheese enchiladas and eggs is good stuff!

That's good to know. Thank you.

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
            Gas station Mexican food and "best" do not belong in the same thread.
            I believe the implication is that the one's from Laredo Taco Co. are decent, which they are. Definitely not "best" but not bad at all.

Comment

Sierras in Georgetown

Comment

Originally posted by josh3 View Post
                In San Angelo my favorite is Paisano's and in amarillo Braceros

Gonna have try Paisano next time I'm in San Angelo. When we visit the kids we like Gil's on half price night. Might not be the best I've ever had but a dinner for $4 makes it mighty tasty and I do like the salsa.

Here in San Antonio we like La Fiesta Patio Cafe in Universal City. It's a little different than your typical texmex but we love it. They promote themselves as a healthier texmex but I think they have some of the best puffy tacos around. Have great tortilla soup and if you sub the soup for the rice and beans they give you a huge bowl that is a meal by itself. Sub bean sprouts for the lettuce on the puffy. Sounds strange but it is oh so good. Like I said not your typical but we have been going back over 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                  Gonna have try Paisano next time I'm in San Angelo. When we visit the kids we like Gil's on half price night. Might not be the best I've ever had but a dinner for $4 makes it mighty tasty and I do like the salsa.

Here in San Antonio we like La Fiesta Patio Cafe in Universal City. It's a little different than your typical texmex but we love it. They promote themselves as a healthier texmex but I think they have some of the best puffy tacos around. Have great tortilla soup and if you sub the soup for the rice and beans they give you a huge bowl that is a meal by itself. Sub bean sprouts for the lettuce on the puffy. Sounds strange but it is oh so good. Like I said not your typical but we have been going back over 20 years
                  Paisano's has the best Mexican steak I've ever had!

Comment

VALLEY! kokos, taco ole, Palenque grill, ponchos, dannys, diaz diner, casa del taco. to name a few. great food.

Comment

My vote is a little place in San Ygnacio. I don't remember the name, but i guarantee it was the best that I have had. It only had 3 tables in the place.

Comment

Ma Crosbys just outside Del Rio

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          Ma Crosbys just outside Del Rio

That's in Acuna!!!!! Cheater!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                            Best cheese enchiladas- Herberts taco hut in San Marcos
                            Man I miss me some Herberts. I'd agree but haven't had it since I was in school there late 90s

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              Just depends. Who serves the best Michelada? If you know....then I automatically vote for that one.
                              The best michelada i've had in houston has to be mambos seafood.

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                              Seriously though, Hugo's Mexican Restaurant in Houston off of Westheimer. It will change your life

http://www.hugosrestaurant.net
                              hugos, guadalajara downtown, original ninfas are all really good for a little higher quality experience.

For cheap mexican food, tacos la bala here in houston is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                                Nopales con juevo with some kinda chile chipotle here at my house this morning. I am served the real deal daily
                                I know that's right!

Comment

Working...
                                X