Best Mexican food in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Dude those really are not bad at all for $3.99. I only ate them once, maybe I got real lucky. Next time I may not make it where I'm heading without emergency stops along the way.

Laredo Taco Company at Stripes is actually good stuff. And consistent. I've ate at en by my house and in The Valley. They were the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by josh3 View Post
      In San Angelo my favorite is Paisano's and in amarillo Braceros
      Braceros on Rt 66 in Amarillo is pretty dang good. We are fortunate to have several good Mexican food places.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Thanks, Ragin'!! I appreciate the information.

Yep. I believe it's on Sunday now they have a buffet style breakfast. Carnitas, cheese enchiladas and eggs is good stuff!

Comment

Just depends. Who serves the best Michelada? If you know....then I automatically vote for that one.

Comment

Try the salsa first, if they can't get that right, ain't nothin gonna be right. Believe it!
            Last edited by El Forajido; 03-26-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Nopales con juevo with some kinda chile chipotle here at my house this morning. I am served the real deal daily

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                Joe t Garcia in the stockyards
                Really, did that just happen? C'mon man! I mean, Joe T's is a cool atmosphere and the margaritas are good. The food's not bad. But it's a far cry from "the best."

OP, there are lots of really good places. The 1st thing I think we have to decide here is whether you're talking "Mexican food" or "Tex-Mex." There's nothing wrong with either one. But, they're are quite different from one another.

Since there are so many really good ones around, for me, it's really hard to say. For Tex-Mex, I'm a big fan of the Rio Mambo chains. I'm not sure how many of them exist. I know of the one in Weatherford and the one in FTW, off Bryant Irvin & I-20. I really like the one in Weatherford because, not only is the food really good but the service is usually pretty stellar too. The manager over there does a good job at making sure customers are well taken care of.

As far as "real Mexican food" is concerned, I have a hard time narrowing that one down. There are a multitude of small, mom & pop family run spot all over the place. In FTW, there are tons of them on South side and North side. I think Las Fuentes is really good, but so are Chalios, La Rancherita, and Ernesto's. All of these are small, mom & pop spots in South FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                  Really, did that just happen? C'mon man! I mean, Joe T's is a cool atmosphere and the margaritas are good. The food's not bad. But it's a far cry from "the best."

OP, there are lots of really good places. The 1st thing I think we have to decide here is whether you're talking "Mexican food" or "Tex-Mex." There's nothing wrong with either one. But, they're are quite different from one another.

Since there are so many really good ones around, for me, it's really hard to say. For Tex-Mex, I'm a big fan of the Rio Mambo chains. I'm not sure how many of them exist. I know of the one in Weatherford and the one in FTW, off Bryant Irvin & I-20. I really like the one in Weatherford because, not only is the food really good but the service is usually pretty stellar too. The manager over there does a good job at making sure customers are well taken care of.

As far as "real Mexican food" is concerned, I have a hard time narrowing that one down. There are a multitude of small, mom & pop family run spot all over the place. In FTW, there are tons of them on South side and North side. I think Las Fuentes is really good, but so are Chalios, La Rancherita, and Ernesto's. All of these are small, mom & pop spots in South FTW.
                  Is this place Tex-mex or Mexican?

Comment

Best fajitas in Texas is at the Papasitas.

Comment

Best Mexican food in Texas?

For any Grayson County residents that haven't eaten at the Taco Bus on 691 and Texoma Pkwy you're missing out. Seems like they're open less and less these days and when they are it's packed. Get the beef fajita quesadillas and make sure you get a little bag of the green sauce. I'll guarantee you that you won't be disappointed. Go ahead and grab you a Mexican Coke to wash it down with.

Comment

I like several Mexican restaurants, my favorite for cheese enchiladas is La Cabana (not a chain restaurant). Located on Hwy 71 west of Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                          Lala's cafe in Mirando city. I've been around and there is. Nothing better in my opinion
                          Oh my does this bring back great memories, and I second your choice. We used to hunt out of Hebbronville ~30 yrs ago and I would drive over to Miranda City for supper after the hunt. Best I ever had but so full the drive back to Hebbronville seemed forever. Worth every second though. All this from a guy who spends several months a year now in Mexico!

Back then it was a hole in the wall in a hole in the wall town. Still miss it though.

Comment

El Tapatio in Gatesville TX. The one down town not the one by the hospital. Great food, Great price, Great people. Other places just dont stack up. Their breakfast has quickly become legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Is there one place that stands out over all else in your opinion?

I've eaten 3 times at Agave Jalisco in George West between Lowes and DQ and all 3 times it's been the best. 1st time I thought I was just super hungry. After the second time (last spring break) my kids said they couldn't wait for spring break 2017 so they could eat there again LOL. Well this time (our 3rd) it was better than ever.

Way better than Chuys, Dos Salsas, and all the blah same old places in North Austin areas.
                              I eat at Agave in GW 3 or 4 times per week, I'm curious what you order there that makes it so memorable for you? It is pretty good, maybe there's something awesome there I haven't tried?

Comment

Best place that doesn't exist anymore is La Casita in Hempstead

This thread has my mouth watering just thinking about their food

Comment

Working...
                                X