Best Mexican food in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
    I'll tell you what. I've lived in Houston for almost four years now and can't find any place that makes tacos like they do at just about any taqueria in Brownsville especially the Southmost area. If you ain't from there you ain't going don't understand. Hell I've found better tacos in Mobile, Alabama than I have here in Houston. Got to remember the Valley is northern Mexico.

Going to Taco Cabana in Houston doesn't count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lala's cafe in Mirando city. I've been around and there is. Nothing better in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
        I love the chicken fajita nachos from El rancho grande on red bluff. Get it with no sour cream, mic the guacamole with the jalapeño juice and dip the nachos in it. A real little 3rd world looking little restaurant.
        I've heard that place was good but haven't are there. I guess I need to try it!

Comment

X2 on what Ragin said, 7 Leguas in Montgomery is good!

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
            X2 on what Ragin said, 7 Leguas in Montgomery is good!
            X3 on what ragin said...7 Leguas is good stuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
              I'll tell you what. I've lived in Houston for almost four years now and can't find any place that makes tacos like they do at just about any taqueria in Brownsville especially the Southmost area. If you ain't from there you ain't going don't understand. Hell I've found better tacos in Mobile, Alabama than I have here in Houston. Got to remember the Valley is northern Mexico.
              Any taco truck/trailer in the Aldine/Northeast Houston area has what you like. The greater Houston area is the restaurant capital of Texas. If you can't find what you're looking for then ask someone for directions because it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                Freakin Stripes Gas Stations maaaan! [emoji2]

Dude those really are not bad at all for $3.99. I only ate them once, maybe I got real lucky. Next time I may not make it where I'm heading without emergency stops along the way.

Comment

Feliz Amanecer is the best here in Corpus Christi.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    Yep, each place has certain things they are best at. To me there definitely isn't one place that is the absolute best of everything.
                    Agree. What's the best American Food in Texas?

Comment

Love Masfajitas in Taylor. Great prices, service and we love the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                        X3 on what ragin said...7 Leguas is good stuff!!!
                        Thanks, Ragin'!! I appreciate the information.

Comment

Taqueria Mexico off Hwy 16 and Summerset Rd southside San Antonio. The best authentic Mexican food hands down and you need to know a little spanish when ordering.

Comment

In San Angelo my favorite is Paisano's and in amarillo Braceros

Comment

My favorite enchilada plates in Texas are:

Cheese with chili con carne and onions at Herbert's in San Marcos.

Chicken with green chile sauce at L&J in El Paso.

My favorite combo plates are at:

Casa Rio on the Riverwalk. It's been there since 1946 for a reason.

The relleno/enchilada plate at Chuy's.

Good tacos and Taquitos can be found anywhere. Carne asada at La Carreta in Laredo stand out.

My favorite mesquite grilled fajitas are at Louies Sports Bar in South Padre.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                                It'll be BoBs house......he also has the best BBQ available in the state
                                That's BBQ/Tex Mex fusion.

I will put my smoked wild hog tacos, borracho beans and salsa up against anyones.

Comment

Working...
                                X